Price Difference 2008 Caspian To Hs Grandee

shimp

I won a 2008 Tiger Springs Caspian with Ozone in a company sales contest, and was considering maybe upgrading to the HS Grandee because it is bigger and has some jets I think are nice.. Does anyone think I should spend the extra money and if so, how much should it cost extra? The local dealer is the one delivering the spa and I would have to get a quote from him directly on to what it costs... Thanks for all your help. :)

Jim

I won a 2008 Tiger Springs Caspian with Ozone in a company sales contest, and was considering maybe upgrading to the HS Grandee because it is bigger and has some jets I think are nice.. Does anyone think I should spend the extra money and if so, how much should it cost extra? The local dealer is the one delivering the spa and I would have to get a quote from him directly on to what it costs... Thanks for all your help. :)

Jim

I would have someone else get a price on a Grandee first so you know what it costs, or call over the phone. My guess is the dealer may try to whack you on a price knowing you already have a free Caspian coming.

Congrats on the new tub.

My HS dealer quoted me $2900 to upgrade to a Grandee with deluxe cover lifter and 48" wide stairs. He keeps the brand new Caspian with Ozone added from factory.

If I take the Caspian he is quoting $400 for the lifter and $250 for stairs. (did not come with my awarded gift package)

My wife and I cannot decide if it would be worth it, as we are not sure how many times we would have more than 4 people using the tub... so size is not too much of a concern. But the Grandee seems to better equipped tub in regards too jets and seating arrangement.

Any opinions would be appreciated, I have been on this forum and read a ton of expert advice and was hoping someone could push me off the ledge on this one ;)

thanks

jr.

So if I read that right the difference really is more like $2250 when you factor in the lifter (which you need) and the steps in the Caspian. You probably don't "need" the Grandee's extra size from what you posted but you won't regret having the bigger one when you're in it. You only do this once every 15 years so get what's right for you but only you can decide if you should upgrade.

My HS dealer quoted me $2900 to upgrade to a Grandee with deluxe cover lifter and 48" wide stairs. He keeps the brand new Caspian with Ozone added from factory.

If I take the Caspian he is quoting $400 for the lifter and $250 for stairs. (did not come with my awarded gift package)

My wife and I cannot decide if it would be worth it, as we are not sure how many times we would have more than 4 people using the tub... so size is not too much of a concern. But the Grandee seems to better equipped tub in regards too jets and seating arrangement.

Any opinions would be appreciated, I have been on this forum and read a ton of expert advice and was hoping someone could push me off the ledge on this one ;)

thanks

jr.

If I could get a Grandee for two grand, I sure would.

You will enjoy better filtration, the ozone you already mentioned, better jet selection, better siding, one main control panel and one inside panel, color changing light, and the larger size.

I do occasionally hear folks say they wish they had gotten a smaller tub, but it is almost always when they are moving or downsizing other parts of their life. Otherwise the common lament is that they didn't go for the larger tub. I hear that one all the time. I own a Grandee (actually we just sold it and will be getting a new tub soon) and I love having the room to roam. I use lots of seats even if I'm in solo, and since my daughter is leaving home in a few weeks I may see a good deal of solo soaking.

B)

Jim

Jim,

We too are looking at purchasing a new spa soon (except for we have to pay for ours!, lucky guy!) :D and the Tiger River Caspian is near the top of our list. It is a great tub for the price. But have you considered the H/S Vanguard? It's not quite as big as the Grandee (which we felt was too big), but has the dual moto massages, (even though I know one is the single moto, but that works surprisingly well for massaging your spinal area), and all the advantages of the Hot Springs listed above. It also has the unique advantage, (even among other H/S tubs, including the Envoy but I am not sure about the Grandee) to be able to run the 2 main corner seats (the one with the moto massagers) totally on pump #1 without needing to run the other pump, or to take away jets from the other seats at all. That was a huge problem we ran into with most other tubs. With the diverter valve, you seem to have to take jets and pressure from one seat to supply the others, which when you have alot of people in the tub, leaves someone not happy! The price difference we were quoted between the Caspian and the Vanguard was $1000k total, with 6% tax included, so that makes the decision a little easier....Just a thought, it sure seems this dealer is doing you no favors, and is charging you full retail on the accessories. Good Luck, Randy.

Thanks to everyone that replied, I really appreciate it..

I think we have decided to probably go with the Grandee, but still want to make sure our upgrade price difference of $2250 (includes the options) is OK.. because we do have the option of taking the Caspian model tub new in the factory shrink wrap and selling it on Craig's list or ebay etc.. and going and buying a bigger tub with cash. :wacko:

What is fair in regards to pricing? :blink:

Jr.

Do a search on the forum for pricing on both tubs. That should give you a ballpark number.

What the dealer is offering sounds reasonable to me, and would save you a lot of screwing around. Hey, your time is worth something.

Btw, I highly doubt you'd be able to sell the Caspian for as much as the dealer could, so I'd drop that idea.

because we do have the option of taking the Caspian model tub new in the factory shrink wrap and selling it on Craig's list or ebay etc.. and going and buying a bigger tub with cash. :wacko:

You won't be able to resell the Caspian for a good enough price to make that work so that's not a feasible option if you want to end up with a spa. The warranty won't transfer to the next owner and people won't pay you as much as they'd pay the dealer.

The Caspian will treat you well. You just have to decide if its worth it to you to pay the extra $ to get the larger spa and the other features Chas discussed above. Whatever you do will be what you live with for the next decade+; take your time. If the extra $ isn't much of a burden I'd suggest you go for the bigger more featured spa. Think of it as $150/yr for the next 15 years. Like Chas said, more people regret not getting more spa than those who think they should have gone for less.

If I could get a Grandee for two grand, I sure would.

You will enjoy better filtration, the ozone you already mentioned, better jet selection, better siding, one main control panel and one inside panel, color changing light, and the larger size.

I do occasionally hear folks say they wish they had gotten a smaller tub, but it is almost always when they are moving or downsizing other parts of their life. Otherwise the common lament is that they didn't go for the larger tub. I hear that one all the time. I own a Grandee (actually we just sold it and will be getting a new tub soon) and I love having the room to roam. I use lots of seats even if I'm in solo, and since my daughter is leaving home in a few weeks I may see a good deal of solo soaking.

B)

Chas,

Getting a new Grandee???