Seriously Considering A Pacific Calypso...tomorrow.

jerincan

I know I am rushing it, but we did a lot of research and like this one.

I just kind of was wondering if the price was good as well as the options.

I have only seen it dry so I appreciated seeing your pics Waterboy.

sooooo....

select package -399

serenity package -649

powerpackage -1499

Then for the system 3 purification, it has the ozone and NOT the Genesis Bromine Generator, which he called adding "sea salt".

this is $350 extra

Free 50A GFI

So all this minus the $1500 "show sale" which I missed 2weeks ago but he will give me a deal (I take everything with a grain of salt, and am sure everyone hears the same things).

Regular 11300 - 1500 for a total of 10800+ 5% GST.

He has been in the area 5 years and i know for a fact he is a local guy. He said if a pump locks up etc he is normally out to area withing the hour, and in 5 years only had 1 tub freeze up.

This is important to us as we live in northern alberta.

He talked about "no floaters" but I am not sure if that was in reference to this particular tub.

This tub is one he has in stock, its in the back and not a "demo" but we want one fast and he is willing to set it up and have us in it in 2 weeks, when we have a big party.

I guess my questions are...

Is this a good deal?

What can/should I try to negotiate on? What are some standard Pacific "throw ins"?

Are the cover "levers" normally included?

Is this a "floater" free tub or do I need Genesis?

Anyways, I have to make the call by Thursday, I was already accepted for credit. :)

Thanks in advance.

Jer

Is this a "floater" free tub or do I need Genesis?

It has the Spa Frog Inline, so does that put bromine into the tub?

We paid 12000 for ours including delivery, set up, cover lifter, chemicals and stairs. This was for the full prestige package + the systems 3 purification which means all the bell and whistles plus the stereo were included.

For $350 more I would go with the Genesis system. There is no odor, skin feels soft and it is adjustable by a dial. it has been almost 2 weeks and we love the tub and the chemical system. The spa frog is an inline bromine system if you decide not to go with the genesis system.

For us this was the best spa for fit and powerful quiet hydrotherapy.

If you meant 11,300 - 1500 = 9800 then you got a deal. The $10,800 seems a little high as outr included the stereo, cover lifter stairs system 3 etc

Opps I screwed up my pricing.

12300 was the retail then he knocked off 1500 to 10800+gst comes to 11300 for our total.

Also the 350 for the ozonator ONLY is included....I dont know what the UV sterilizer and Genesis cost to add.

I dont really have the option of adding anything, this is what he had in the back onsite. We were looking at the Atlantis but he didnt have any in stock. Has 3 Calypsos in "the back" so I will have to see what the options are on them, the genesis sound like a great thing, from my research and your experience.

I wonder if it can be added at a later date?

He can get this out to use next Friday...In time for a party we are having (which is my wifes biggest concern... :)).

Otherwise we will have to wait till first week of June to get it (4 weeks to build).

I do think I have some power though, as I can walk and get an arctic spa for the same price now, and they are the only 2 places in the area. Just reading reviews I am liking THIS one.

Maybe I will see if I can get the floating temp control and/or home monitoring thrown in. /shrug

Well I bought one today.

I went with a different tub, this one is fully loaded except the UV and Genesis.

He is throwing in matching steps and the cover lifter as well as a 50A GFI, for 12000$.

Also he will have it in next wed, so 7 days. He does his installs Monday and Friday, but I said we are having a weekend party with friends from out of town, and he said he will come out early so we are ready. Also he seemed very knowledgeable and took the time to explain everything in detail.

I decided to get the stereo and twin filters, as in the long run I am always happier with more then wishing I got this and that. Also now I can listen to the Oilers lose in the comfort of my tub!

It has the spa frog but he says it not worth even using...the rep told me to just add 1 chemical after use and the other once a week and all is well. /shrug

This one is floor model but not a demo whatever that means since I dry tested/demoed it.

Thanks for the help Waterboy, after I went back to Arctic spa and comparatively priced they could touch this spa. The 12k range at arctic spa is base models, without enough jets, stereo, waterfalls, you have to use a bromine floater, etc etc.

Ill post some pics in a week.

I look forward to seeing the pictures. The 2 main seats on this tub are near the speakers. The 2 speed pumps are great and at full power the large oscillating lower back massage jets on one of the seats offer great hydrotherapy with water only. If you turn the air on they will loosen the tightest muscles.

Did you get the sports package. The hip calf and wrist jets are great. All of our friends have been very impressed with the power, features and quietness of our spa.

As an added bonus with this tub the same size jets are interchangeable so if you want to tailor a specific massage you can switch the jets. We think the jet positioning is great as is on our tub so we have not bothered. We may upgrade the jets in the 'last one in seats" later.

welcome to hot tubbing!

It has the spa frog but he says it not worth even using...the rep told me to just add 1 chemical after use and the other once a week and all is well. /shrug

I would look more into the water chemistry or you will not be happy fighting with it. The dealer made it sound a bit to easy. The frog is actually not a bad system. Check into it so you don't have issues and get frusterated later on, specially if you have a lot of people in it.

Ya its has the full sports package, so I look forward to the jet action. It has everything but the UV and Genesis, I wonder how much quieter the quiet energy circulation system is compared...also includes the eternal base, spoked jets and heated blower.

Regarding the frog he was saying its too expensive but I may be able to get it on ebay cheaper, he didnt even sell it. Besides the opening weekend 95% of the time it will just be my wife and I. I will obviously want as clean of a system as possible so will probably try it anyways, then try without to test the differences.

Again thanks for the info.