Question About Arctic Spa Warranty - Glue Joints

Dennis B

Hi,

This question is probably directed at Tom from Arctic.

I'm in the market for my first spa, new to the forum, and have been reading a lot about all the spas out there. Needless to say, I am trying to determine fact from fiction. One spa salesman (at another spa company) told me that the Arctic Spa warranty does not cover the glue joints and that because there is no foam surrounding the inside of the unit, that the glue joints can fail and won't be covered/backed by Arctic. Is this true? My Arctic salesman, when questioned said he was not aware of that, and didn't say much more to make me feel comfortable.

As a follow up, I'm also trying to figure out the complete Warranty info on an Arctic Cub Signature... essentially what is not covered? Arctic is in our final 3 and we're planning to wet test in the next few weeks.

thanks,

Dennis

Dennis,

I am an Arctic Spas dealer, and I tell you with 100% certainty that the glue joints ARE covered 100%. If a glue joint were to ever fail within in your 5 year full warranty, it would be fully covered to repair.

The Arctic Spas come with a 5 year full warranty covering parts and labor. That also includes small items such as fuses and lights for five years as well.

Good luck in your search for a new spa, and let me know if you have any more questions in regards to Arctic Spas. B)

QUOTE(Dennis B @ Apr 14 2008, 09:31 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hi,

I'm in the market for my first spa, new to the forum, and have been reading a lot about all the spas out there. Needless to say, I am trying to determine fact from fiction. One spa salesman (at another spa company) told me that the Arctic Spa warranty does not cover the glue joints and that because there is no foam surrounding the inside of the unit, that the glue joints can fail and won't be covered/backed by Arctic. Is this true? My Arctic salesman, when questioned said he was not aware of that, and didn't say much more to make me feel comfortable.

As a follow up, I'm also trying to figure out the complete Warranty info on an Arctic Cub Signature... essentially what is not covered? Arctic is in our final 3 and we're planning to wet test in the next few weeks.

thanks,

Dennis

Dennis, do you live in sound puget sound? i ask becuase that is the same thing i was told by a sundance dealer (almost word for word i wonder if he posts on this board??!!)

we're wondering if we go with the artic tundra legend extreme or the sundance optima 880.......artic has nearly 2x the jets but sundance does beat them on the feet massage......

QUOTE(Dennis B @ Apr 14 2008, 10:31 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hi,

I had answered this in a PM and didn't realize there was also a public post. Thanks for catching this one, Water Boy.

QUOTE(Dennis B @ Apr 14 2008, 09:31 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hi,

thanks,

Dennis

Dennis, do you live in sound puget sound? i ask becuase that is the same thing i was told by a sundance dealer (almost word for word i wonder if he posts on this board??!!)

we're wondering if we go with the artic tundra legend extreme or the sundance optima 880.......artic has nearly 2x the jets but sundance does beat them on the feet massage......

Hi,

Yes I'm in the Puget Sound area.

It wasn't a post to this board... it was at a Sundance dealer in Lynnwood. When I went in, I mentioned we were looking at Arctic, and the guy told me to ask them about their warranty because they do not cover the "glue joints". He seemed like a nice guy, but he's being a little misleading in my opinion. The only thing close to this that I found was the Arctic Warranty does not cover issues with the union joints . I asked here on the forum to Tom and raised this issue with the Arctic dealer. They are not covered because they are considered a user-serviceable part. After researching, the issue is not that big. It's a really simple thing, and you can service it yourself.

It seems like basic maintenance stuff, and if you are talking to Apollo (which I assume you are) they said they would put it in writing that they would cover the Union joints under their warranty. I'm not worried about it.

i suggest you read the whole artic spa warranty as well as the sundance warranty, read the exclusions and conditions.

Is there a specific area of the Warranty that jumped out at you? I still haven't purchased my spa and may there's something you caught that I didn't...