All This Rain . . .

Anka

. . . has drowned the skimmer. The pool is within an inch of oveflowing. I guess I don't have to worry about filling it with well water for a while :)

What do you experienced pool owners do during periods of heavy rain? Do you continue to run your filtration system? Do you keep checking water chemistry and make adjustments to sanitizer and pH, etc., or do you wait out the weather? Obviously, there's a heavy dilution factor at play, and the rain is expected to continue throughout the week.

Do you ever drain water from your pool in order to keep the skimmer functioning? For sure this is a good time to backwash the filter medium, all that free water.

. . . has drowned the skimmer. The pool is within an inch of oveflowing. I guess I don't have to worry about filling it with well water for a while :)

What do you experienced pool owners do during periods of heavy rain? Do you continue to run your filtration system? Do you keep checking water chemistry and make adjustments to sanitizer and pH, etc., or do you wait out the weather? Obviously, there's a heavy dilution factor at play, and the rain is expected to continue throughout the week.

Do you ever drain water from your pool in order to keep the skimmer functioning? For sure this is a good time to backwash the filter medium, all that free water.

Despite the weather I continue my filter cycle and ensure that at the very least I am circulating my water and have the chlorie levels right.

If the water levels are getting too high I drain some off. I always drian using the backwash setting (unless the water was severly contaminated).

• 3 weeks later...
purchase a spa. Every time your pool overfills, just empty the spa and refill with the pool water. I love free water!!!!!!! You get the best of all worlds and everybody likes something that free!!!!!!!

Only will work if both the spa and pool are using the same sanitizing method such as chlorine in both.

• 3 months later...

Our old Doughboy pool we had I just keep up the water treatments and added the chem. For the water in the most part want get any higher than the skimmer top edge unless your skimmer is above your pool wall. We had a float toy block our skimmer one night during a rain storm and the next morning in the rain had to unplug the skimmer for the water was running over the pool walls. When the rain ended check the levels and aw-just to bring back into line.