Costco Aruba Spa

Don_

well i am a dealer in a smaller city, we have been approaced by aruba, infinity and other throw away brands to do warranty work. We have said no, and do not work on any tubs that were not purchased from our company. So if you live in a smaller town or a distance from the company that does the warranty work, if anything goes wrong you might not be able to get it fixed. hense why we call them throw away tubs, so make sure you can actually get a warranty before spending the money.

well i am a dealer in a smaller city, we have been approaced by aruba, infinity and other throw away brands to do warranty work. We have said no, and do not work on any tubs that were not purchased from our company. So if you live in a smaller town or a distance from the company that does the warranty work, if anything goes wrong you might not be able to get it fixed. hense why we call them throw away tubs, so make sure you can actually get a warranty before spending the money.

why the scare tactics? the reason you don't service these spas is simple, you want to protect you territory and preserve your sales. heaven forbid some one get a spa from anyone but you.

Why not service the spa and be happy and if it trully is a crummy spa then it is what it is, they will buy new from you!

In response to Soakerman, reasons for not servicing such a spa can be numerous but I am only going to address a few. As a business why chance not getting paid for your services on a product you are not associated with nor have as a vested intrest. You say you might gain a customer. It is just as possible to alienate one because you are not respondsible for what the company will cover or not cover. If their product and services are of equal quality why does the customer have to be concerned about having to search out services for his spa?

Heaven forbid that I would buy a spa that doesn't have a support or service network to back their product. I know just return it. That's certainly handy for the customer.

In response to Soakerman, reasons for not servicing such a spa can be numerous but I am only going to address a few. As a business why chance not getting paid for your services on a product you are not associated with nor have as a vested intrest. You say you might gain a customer. It is just as possible to alienate one because you are not respondsible for what the company will cover or not cover. If their product and services are of equal quality why does the customer have to be concerned about having to search out services for his spa?

Heaven forbid that I would buy a spa that doesn't have a support or service network to back their product. I know just return it. That's certainly handy for the customer.

Sure and we all know that once you go to the customers home that you become the face to vent at and to take the heat if they're not happy. And here's is a tidbit that many do not know many companies never actually pay for warranty work instead they give a credit to your account but if all your doing is repair it can be very difficult to ever get paid in real spendable cash. These are not scare tactics just the way things really are.

Thanks for the response. I noticed that the tub is kind of short (34 inches), do you know if that has been a problem for him? I live in a cold climate (Ottawa) and keeping the water above your shoulders is a must in the winter.

Thanks,

Don

My friend bought one and he has had no problems that I know of. He has had if about 4 years now (maybe 5).

Thanks for the response. I noticed that the tub is kind of short (34 inches), do you know if that has been a problem for him? I live in a cold climate (Ottawa) and keeping the water above your shoulders is a must in the winter.

Thanks,

Don

My friend bought one and he has had no problems that I know of. He has had if about 4 years now (maybe 5).

I have the Aruba SERENADE and I am 6' tall I do not have a problem. We really enjoy the hot tub. I live in Calgary.

Cheers

Don I live in Ottawa too and just bought a Caldera spa from Club Pro (St. Joseph Blvd Next to Prestige Furniture). It's worth looking at since they have clearance prices on and they are not pushy at all with buying a tub .. also you don't pay til it's delivered and you just need a small deposit now ($200). There's also full service and warranty support. Not only that but because I wanted mine in a certain color which they didn't have in stock I get a 2008 model (I'm pretty sure there's no difference but still).