Made A Mistake....need Help!

iteach

Ok...so I know nothing about spas. I bought a used dream maker escape for a good price last week. Got it up and running.....last Saturday it shut off and has not worked since. Mistake? I plugged it into an extension cord...now I know, oops! At least, I think this is the problem. The light on the GFCI cord does not come on anymore. Any suggestions as to what could be the problem? What did I mess up and what will it cost me to repair? Do I get a spa repairman or an electrician to come and look at it? Any advice would be great.....I'm new at this. Thanks in advance.

Ok...so I know nothing about spas. I bought a used dream maker escape for a good price last week. Got it up and running.....last Saturday it shut off and has not worked since. Mistake? I plugged it into an extension cord...now I know, oops! At least, I think this is the problem. The light on the GFCI cord does not come on anymore. Any suggestions as to what could be the problem? What did I mess up and what will it cost me to repair? Do I get a spa repairman or an electrician to come and look at it? Any advice would be great.....I'm new at this. Thanks in advance.

You can't plug a 110 volt spa into an extension cord unless it's a very heavy extension cord and it is plugged into the right outlet, a dedicated 20 amp outlet. You probably didn't do any damage to the tub. But you need a dedicated 20 amp 110 volt outlet to plug the spa into. And if you need an extension cord make sure it is the same size as the cord on the tub and as short as possible.

You can't plug a 110 volt spa into an extension cord unless it's a very heavy extension cord and it is plugged into the right outlet, a dedicated 20 amp outlet. You probably didn't do any damage to the tub. But you need a dedicated 20 amp 110 volt outlet to plug the spa into. And if you need an extension cord make sure it is the same size as the cord on the tub and as short as possible.

After doing a bit of reasearch...I know that now. I didn't originally plug it into the outlet beacuse it had a cover on it (outlet) and the "box" on the cord didn't fit. After removing the cover and plugging it in the outlet directly, the spa still did not work. The outdoor extension was the same size as the tub cord, but fairly long. Any ideas from here? Thanks.

Go into your main fuse panel and reset the breaker, it probably didnt trip all of the way. Also reset the plug on your spa as well by pressing the yellow button I believe.

I have reset the breaker, I think! The outdoor outlet works for other things I have plugged into it, just not the hot tub. That is why I was thinking something happened to the tub. Any other ideas? It is just frustrating! Who do I call? HELP..........

Go into your main fuse panel and reset the breaker, it probably didnt trip all of the way. Also reset the plug on your spa as well by pressing the yellow button I believe.

I have reset the breaker, I think! The outdoor outlet works for other things I have plugged into it, just not the hot tub. That is why I was thinking something happened to the tub. Any other ideas? It is just frustrating! Who do I call? HELP..........

Is there any fuses in the control box on the tub? If so have a look to see if any are blown....

• 3 months later...