Platinium Ii Costco Warranty Performance

beachside

Finally getting around to my second post regarding my Plat-II tub, now almost 2 years old. Here is my original post from Jul 06.

I recently bought the Plat. II myself, seemed like a good value as I am a DIY'er. There were a few initial issues, some of the side panels were cracked and scuffed from shipment to Costco. I emailed damage pics to Hydrospa, they said they would ship out some replacements, still waiting and they are not responding to my emails. There also was a pinched tube under the center of the spa, I was able to dislodge it ok. The radio didn't work, after inspection I noticed the fuse holder was broke so I replaced it. The spa runs fine so far so I am enjoying it. The jury is still out on the customer service end of this purchase, I wonder about future warranty claims, especially if they are so slow to respond to problems before I even started it up.

My last sentence in that original post says a lot...

The side panels arrived sometime after that post and I installed them myself. No big deal. I dealt with Alan Vasicek of Hydro Spa via email as well as Andrew. Getting someone on the phone was very difficult at that time.

The spa has performed great with just a few problems (seat #5 - jets pop off easily, leak from LED light assembly and the cover is shot). Once I found out Hydro Spa filed bankruptcy, I was a bit concerned. I read my warranty again and it says there is a lifetime coverage on manifold plumbing, fittings and parts. I emailed Infinity regarding problems and was told Infinity was only going to cover a 1 year warranty on my tub. The next week I went to Costco and told them I was going to return the tub unless I get some answers regarding my Hydro Spa warranty. That kind of got things moving, within 2 weeks, Infinity sent out an independent tech to look at the tub. He was going to order some parts but warned me it could take months. This tech is still owed money from Hydro Spa from previous work. The tech said he will bill Infinity for the service call to my house as well as the labor once he returns.

Regarding the cover, I unzipped it to look inside because there seemed to be some water trapped in there, well not only was there dirty water, the metal stiffeners were rusting. Looks like water penetrated the plastic that sealed the foam. Also, the material that touches the water had some stains on it. What a mess....

Anyway, that's my story so far and I'm hoping other Platinium II owners can relate their experiences with the Costco/Infinity warranty situation. Please, no bashing or "I told you so's", just owners with experiences!

Regarding the cover, I unzipped it to look inside because there seemed to be some water trapped in there, well not only was there dirty water, the metal stiffeners were rusting. Looks like water penetrated the plastic that sealed the foam. Also, the material that touches the water had some stains on it. What a mess....

Anyway, that's my story so far and I'm hoping other Platinium II owners can relate their experiences with the Costco/Infinity warranty situation. Please, no bashing or "I told you so's", just owners with experiences!

I wonder who made covers for Hydro and if they are covered for 1 year or 2? I understand cheapining up the cover to meet a price point but it seems it should make 2-3 years before it completely disentigrates. Maybe Doc knows?

I recently bought the Plat. II myself, seemed like a good value as I am a DIY'er.

I'm not a big fan of what Costco has to offer quality and service wise and for that reason I've said countless times that if you go this route you really want to be a DIYer and your post pretty much sums up why (though your story is fairly mild compared to many out there). Stick around and let us know what issues you have as there are more than a few of us who can offer some advice assistance when issues arise.

I wonder who made covers for Hydro and if they are covered for 1 year or 2? I understand cheapining up the cover to meet a price point but it seems it should make 2-3 years before it completely disentigrates. Maybe Doc knows?

Keeping it all in the family, I berlieve the covers are, were, made by a sibling, Prestirege Spa Covers.

Doc's right, the covers for Hydro were made by Prestige Spa Covers which is owned by one of the Wiley brothers. From what I saw of those covers at my local Costco, two years is about what I would guess you would get.

I got 4 years from my budget Great Lakes tub and it was only ripping at the seams slightly otherwise pretty good shape. I've seen 5-6 and 7 year old covers that wern't as bad as that described on premium tubs.

Finally getting around to my second post regarding my Plat-II tub, now almost 2 years old. Here is my original post from Jul 06.

My story is similar and though the spa has been fine after the initial mess, I too am having an issue with the cover. I'd say call Hydrospa, but they're not around anymore. Any suggestions as to what might be good options for replacing these covers?

My story is similar and though the spa has been fine after the initial mess, I too am having an issue with the cover. I'd say call Hydrospa, but they're not around anymore. Any suggestions as to what might be good options for replacing these covers?

I replaced the cover on my GL with one of Doc's custom made covers. It was of far better quality than the original which wasn't bad. I have also ordered several other of Doc's covers for customers and have not had a problem with any of them and the customers all agreeded on the quality. Silstar also makes a quality cover.

Hydrospa is around but you may need to co ordinate your warranty with Coscto about the cover.

Hydrospa is around but you may need to co ordinate your warranty with Coscto about the cover.

There's probably only a one year warranty on the cover, Hydro wasn't alone doing that.

Amway really...wow there's a scam for ya.

They said that their products where better due to a dealer network and supeior stuff..... Boy was that wrong :D

I looked at my book and it is one year warranty on the cover. I have used a vinyl conditioner and after two years it still looks and feels new so I think maintenace is also a key factor in spa cover longevity aside froma breach in the plastic linner?

There's probably only a one year warranty on the cover, Hydro wasn't alone doing that.

Amway really...wow there's a scam for ya.

They said that their products where better due to a dealer network and supeior stuff..... Boy was that wrong :D

I looked at my book and it is one year warranty on the cover. I have used a vinyl conditioner and after two years it still looks and feels new so I think maintenace is also a key factor in spa cover longevity aside froma breach in the plastic linner?

Any cover maintenance tips will be appreciated.