To Our Most Highly Esteemed Moderators

thestallion

Any chance any of you when you take it upon yourselves to delete a post you can let the poster know why ? Particularly when there are no personal attacks, or curse words or anything else that violates the rules. I hope you will also have enough common courtesy to answer this here in the open. I have found posts deleted when they are no more than questions asked to another poster about statements they have made. As a example if someone were to post something that was totally untrue of OHHHH I don't know say Hot Springs than why is OK for the posts inaccuracies to be addressed but not those of others. If a board like this does not allow for this kind of open debate within the guideline's than what is its point ?

Most likely, the post to which you responded to was deleted, making your post irrelevant, and therefor also deleted.

So yes Harry, twas I that deleted your post :D , but it truly made no sense after I deleted the previous idiotic post (and banned the author for 24 hours) you were responding too. And there's a differenced between debating, and simply being argumentative & trying to get a "rise" out of people.

Most likely, the post to which you responded to was deleted, making your post irrelevant, and therefor also deleted.

So yes Harry, twas I that deleted your post :D , but it truly made no sense after I deleted the previous idiotic post (and banned the author for 24 hours) you were responding too. And there's a differenced between debating, and simply being argumentative & trying to get a "rise" out of people.

Well Andy, :P I can appreciate that but help me out here. When a person never stops promoting a particular agenda and is continually making statements that are simply untrue and all that is asked is for a response to those statements but those questions/posts are than deleted. I have no problem with anyone who wants to say one tub is better than another thats fair but do not make statements that you can not back up. The posts that I had a BIG problem with regarded price and the posters continual statements regarding price are untrue they are not even anywhere close to being true but they get posted on a daily basis and thats what I take issue with.

And on a daily basis, some/many/most of these idiotic posts eventually get deleted. Some get missed, some get ignored, and sometimes, we might just roll our eyes and not have the energy to hit the delete button time after time after time.

And on a daily basis, some/many/most of these idiotic posts eventually get deleted. Some get missed, some get ignored, and sometimes, we might just roll our eyes and not have the energy to hit the delete button time after time after time.

lol...fair enough...hey I hope is well with you and we are still working on the project that I told you about when a get SOLID answer I will let you know....

And I've been away from moderating for about three weeks and just stopped in to take a break and have a quick look around..Tempted to delete this entire thread... :rolleyes: (rolling eyes and getting back to work)...

I am currently both an Administrator and Moderator at two Forum sites and a Moderator at a large site.

Many times, when we delete posts, the remaining posts do not seem to make any sense (as was pointed out here).

Its a difficult thing to do. Its clearer why the a specific post gets deleted. I've come to trust the moderators at forum sites.

They have been given a responsibility that is pretty big and many times its a task that no one else really wants

The best moderators I've come in contact with our teachers, helping the member community. I see this here.

And at times, the moderator does have to become a police man. And then they make the best decision with the information available and for the best interest of the entire member community