Bargaining For My New Spa - Need Advice

It is exactly like going to a used car lot and being the victim price wise. No one wants to disclose what a fair price is at all but rather cloak everthing in secret. Can you ask to see the invoice on the spa? It is doubtfull he will show it but worth asking. for.

No. Actually, it's like going to a NEW car lot. MSRP is set by the manufacturer on cars and tubs. Individual dealers, looking at their overhead and volume, decide how much off of MSRP they can afford to sell you the tub, yet still make enough profit to feed their families, pay bills, etc.

It is exactly like going to a used car lot and being the victim price wise. No one wants to disclose what a fair price is at all but rather cloak everthing in secret. Can you ask to see the invoice on the spa? It is doubtfull he will show it but worth asking. for.

No. Actually, it's like going to a NEW car lot. MSRP is set by the manufacturer on cars and tubs. Individual dealers, looking at their overhead and volume, decide how much off of MSRP they can afford to sell you the tub, yet still make enough profit to feed their families, pay bills, etc.

yeah and out of ten poeple that buy the same car/spa they won't pay the same price.. your right, just like a new/used car salesman.

You are exactly right....hey have you ever been to a Co....st.....co.....and seen them posting invoices.....NO.....but you can just check their stock prices and see high hugely profitable they are.....

I would also add that most dealers just want to sell a spa for a reasonable profit but they really do want to earn your business. I think when you both have the same goal and that is to get you a new spa in your yard, most will be able to work out a fair deal.

As much as I have educated consumers on hot tub sales tricks, you would think things might change.

I had a customer tell me that he had a "horrible day". He went out car shopping and spa shopping in the same day.

My advice is to take time to understand exactly what you are buying first, then find a price that you can afford.

http://www.soundclick.com/havenhead

I'm very close to pulling the trigger on a new tub. Fron runner is a 07 HS Grandee Classic. The quoted floor model price with hydrolic cover lift and all the ususal basics (electrical panel, delivery, set-up, start-up chemiclas) is $7999. My plan is to request inclusion of the ozonator and steps in this price. We'll see if he bites.

I'm very close to pulling the trigger on a new tub. Fron runner is a 07 HS Grandee Classic. The quoted floor model price with hydrolic cover lift and all the ususal basics (electrical panel, delivery, set-up, start-up chemiclas) is $7999. My plan is to request inclusion of the ozonator and steps in this price. We'll see if he bites.

If he doesn't my next plan would be to ask for credit toward chems which he'll want to sell you anyway.

I was looking at an '07 Epic. Original price mid 9's. I think they came down to (on a floor model) $8200 with lift, stairs, chemicals, everything. Wife couldn't live with the color, though, so we're going to look at an '08 this week.

How much in chemicals?

I have a dealer now with the Caldera Geneva and he wants 9500 including lift and stairs. He told me the a years worth of chemicals will be an additional 250.00.

I intend to wait till he calls me back and offer him 9,000 plus he throw in the 1 year of chemicals. He can chose to do it or not.

Anyone have a quote on a Geneva they can share?

Jack

I was looking at an '07 Epic. Original price mid 9's. I think they came down to (on a floor model) $8200 with lift, stairs, chemicals, everything. Wife couldn't live with the color, though, so we're going to look at an '08 this week.

How much in chemicals?

I have a dealer now with the Caldera Geneva and he wants 9500 including lift and stairs. He told me the a years worth of chemicals will be an additional 250.00.

I intend to wait till he calls me back and offer him 9,000 plus he throw in the 1 year of chemicals. He can chose to do it or not.

Anyone have a quote on a Geneva they can share?

Jack