Advice On Thawing Pipes

amber044

OK... been one of those few weeks.. just did final repairs to hot tub.. there seems to be a blockage.. I am sure an ice blockage.... I have a steamer to put threw it.... hum the air jets are clear.......any other suggestions?? besides waiting til spring..:)B)

Put a portable heater under the spa away from anything that can melt... If worse comes to worse put a tarp over the hot tub and use a construction heater.. My old hot tub froze solid so I used the construction heater with that one.. My new tub came with water frozen in the lines so I used the portable one for that one.... hope that helps!

OK... been one of those few weeks.. just did final repairs to hot tub.. there seems to be a blockage.. I am sure an ice blockage.... I have a steamer to put threw it.... hum the air jets are clear.......any other suggestions?? besides waiting til spring..:)B)

Put a portable heater under the spa away from anything that can melt... If worse comes to worse put a tarp over the hot tub and use a construction heater.. My old hot tub froze solid so I used the construction heater with that one.. My new tub came with water frozen in the lines so I used the portable one for that one.... hope that helps!

Thanks we are working on that right now.. getting a heater underneath!! lets hope for the best.. it is in the teens here today :(

Thanks we are working on that right now.. getting a heater underneath!! lets hope for the best.. it is in the teens here today :(

OK I THINK WE ARE ONE STEP CLOSER :) WE HAVE THE BLOCKAGE GONE!! WE ARE NOW FILLING UP AND SEEING IF EVEYTHING IS A GO:) WHAT A DAY PRAY FOR US!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I WANT MY TUB BACK................... PLEASE WORK PLEASE WORK PLEASE WORK HAHAHAHAAH i AM LAUGHING NOW CUZ I MIGHT BE CRYING LATER!!

OK I THINK WE ARE ONE STEP CLOSER :) WE HAVE THE BLOCKAGE GONE!! WE ARE NOW FILLING UP AND SEEING IF EVEYTHING IS A GO:) WHAT A DAY PRAY FOR US!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I WANT MY TUB BACK................... PLEASE WORK PLEASE WORK PLEASE WORK HAHAHAHAAH i AM LAUGHING NOW CUZ I MIGHT BE CRYING LATER!!

JETS FROZEN>>NOT WORKING AND BACK TO SQUARE ONE :(

• 10 months later...

JETS FROZEN>>NOT WORKING AND BACK TO SQUARE ONE :(

I've used a trouble light inside the access door, with good success. I had the same problem in single-digit MN... Just make sure it is not touching any of the pipes or tubing. Close the access door and let it go for a day or overnight. Good luck!

Are all the jets frozen, or just a few? I would think that as the water heats up, it will melt those frozen jets and free them. I would also keep running the space heater in the cabinet to warm the pipes.

You could try running some hot water directly from your water heater. That might help it warm up a little quicker. Just remember that if you drain from the bottom of the water heater, the first few gallons will be full of sediment and crud. Flush that stuff away, and then try. Or, fill from a faucet in the house.

Are all the jets frozen, or just a few? I would think that as the water heats up, it will melt those frozen jets and free them. I would also keep running the space heater in the cabinet to warm the pipes.

You could try running some hot water directly from your water heater. That might help it warm up a little quicker. Just remember that if you drain from the bottom of the water heater, the first few gallons will be full of sediment and crud. Flush that stuff away, and then try. Or, fill from a faucet in the house.

January 20th 2008 I would think the summer took care of this problem. Make sure to check dates on posts.