Infinity Hot Tubs

billynjen

I just was told that Infinnity acquired Keys making them one of the larger companies???

There are no real numbers to say where they stack against the big makers but maybe volume wise they are on the first page now. I'm not sure that it means anything more than now they make even more mediocre spas than before.

I just was told that Infinnity acquired Keys making them one of the larger companies???

There are no real numbers to say where they stack against the big makers but maybe volume wise they are on the first page now. I'm not sure that it means anything more than the fact that now make even more mediocre spas than before.

In my opinion you are being generous when you say mediocre. But they sell alot of them because they are cheap.

There are no real numbers to say where they stack against the big makers but maybe volume wise they are on the first page now. I'm not sure that it means anything more than the fact that now make even more mediocre spas than before.

In my opinion you are being generous when you say mediocre. But they sell alot of them because they are cheap.

Or another option would be that they are pricing spas the way they should have been just like anything new such as Microwaves, lcd tv's computers, stereos ect.

It's tough to justify a computer today that cost two thousand dollars when a thousand dollar one does the same with very good reliablilty today. Yet, just a few short years ago, people would easilly pay three thousand dollars for a good system and anything less then was unacceptable. Perhaps that's what the hot tub areana is going through now, a genesis of the way spas are sold and priced.

Or another option would be that they are pricing spas the way they should have been just like anything new such as Microwaves, lcd tv's computers, stereos ect.

It's tough to justify a computer today that cost two thousand dollars when a thousand dollar one does the same with very good reliablilty today. Yet, just a few short years ago, people would easilly pay three thousand dollars for a good system and anything less then was unacceptable. Perhaps that's what the hot tub areana is going through now, a genesis of the way spas are sold and priced.

http://www.poolspanews.com/2007/112/112topnews.html

Wow it's rare for you soaker to not shove somethng down our throats. You did forget to add that the above was also just your opinion but at least you didn't cram!! And as it applys to computors is alot different, well not really that different as a 2 grand PC will probably last twice as long before it's outdated than a 1 grand PC

Wow it's rare for you soaker to not shove somethng down our throats. You did forget to add that the above was also just your opinion but at least you didn't cram!! And as it applys to computors is alot different, well not really that different as a 2 grand PC will probably last twice as long before it's outdated than a 1 grand PC

And, depending on the applications you need to run (gaming, intense graphics, movie editing, etc.), will probably be able to do a lot more.

And, depending on the applications you need to run (gaming, intense graphics, movie editing, etc.), will probably be able to do a lot more.

The average person rarely uses the potential of the computer they buy and therfore the entry to mid level pc works for most as high end pc's don't cammand a huge market share. Most people now buy PC's online or in a box store and they are much more complicated then a spa but when they first came out in the market in the early eighties, you could not purchase a PC anywhere except a computer store. I think the box store and online is here to stay and changing the way we buy things as a consumer. along with the pc being available, people can easily check prices, reviews and other facts before they buy.

[Or another option would be that they are pricing spas the way they should have been just like anything new such as Microwaves, lcd tv's computers, stereos ect.

There is no dout that they are pricing that spa where it needs to be priced. That has never been in question. The reliability, longevity and backing of it has.

Soaker, you and I agree for once! :D

This is a breakthrough! I syill love Costco though:) Thanks!

For every day necessities Costco as great IMO. I love about 90% of what they sell. I'm just leery of some of their non necessity items like 5 lbs of licorice or a dozen large muffins (if I could buy 3 or 4 it would be great) or other items such as their hot tubs which are supposed to give the feeling of value but IMO are often just a lesser product sold at a lesser price (though the price can be reasonable if you're a DIYer and know what youre getting into).

Now there are certainly many non necessity items there that are great as well. You just have to take it on a case by case basis and not fall into the trap of thinking everything from them is great.

Soaker, you and I agree for once! :D

This is a breakthrough! I syill love Costco though:) Thanks!

For every day necessities Costco as great IMO. I love about 90% of what they sell. I'm just leery of some of their non necessity items like 5 lbs of licorice or a dozen large muffins (if I could buy 3 or 4 it would be great) or other items such as their hot tubs which are supposed to give the feeling of value but IMO are often just a lesser product sold at a lesser price (though the price can be reasonable if you're a DIYer and know what youre getting into).

Now there are certainly many non necessity items there that are great as well. You just have to take it on a case by case basis and not fall into the trap of thinking everything from them is great.

I can't think of one thing that Costco carries that is the low end anything, wether it be clothes food, electronics car tires, or hot tubs, they simply refuse to deal in low end products. thats why the offer such a generous return policy on items sold there. I am not saying the items the sell are the best possible products but not low end.

I can't think of one thing that Costco carries that is the low end anything, wether it be clothes food, electronics car tires, or hot tubs, they simply refuse to deal in low end products. thats why the offer such a generous return policy on items sold there. I am not saying the items the sell are the best possible products but not low end.

1) Besides some of the low end spas I know they sell (the quality varies but many are low end, some mediocre), I didn't mean to comment about their other merchandise because I can't say that I'm familiar enough so I am not making any reference to the quality of the tires, electronics, etc.

2) I think most of us realize that their return policy is NOT in any way a reflection of the quality of the products. It is simply a reflection of their buying power and how they can force companies to adhere to that policy just as Hydrospa did when they were selling the low quality spas through Costco.

No way!!!! Are you saing Soaker that the tubs sold at Costco may not be as good as the high end tubs that cost a few grand more?

No way!!!! Are you saing Soaker that the tubs sold at Costco may not be as good as the high end tubs that cost a few grand more?

We used to deal Infinity Spas back in the beginning of 2006. We got tied up with them when Waters Edge Spas went out of buisness (had worked for them for years) and they bought Waters Edge molds. They did ok the first few months we delt with them. Tub was of good quality in the price point they were hitting, then they started to get involved in internet sales and box stores. Quality went downhill fast, we had to repair or finish building every tub that came in. They would not return phone calss about warrenty issues (although the salesman would call back if we needed to order!) Needless to say we no longer sell Infinity spas. We continue to do service for them, this keeps $$ flowing into our pockets since we go out on many repairs, so I guess that a good thing for spa techs trying to make a living :D plus it is very true that companies make a lower quality product for big dealers to meet their price points. Chemical companies also do it for the big box stores. We have had conversations with the manufactures and distributors about this.

• 2 weeks later...

We used to deal Infinity Spas back in the beginning of 2006. We got tied up with them when Waters Edge Spas went out of buisness (had worked for them for years) and they bought Waters Edge molds. They did ok the first few months we delt with them. Tub was of good quality in the price point they were hitting, then they started to get involved in internet sales and box stores. Quality went downhill fast, we had to repair or finish building every tub that came in. They would not return phone calss about warrenty issues (although the salesman would call back if we needed to order!) Needless to say we no longer sell Infinity spas. We continue to do service for them, this keeps $$ flowing into our pockets since we go out on many repairs, so I guess that a good thing for spa techs trying to make a living :D plus it is very true that companies make a lower quality product for big dealers to meet their price points. Chemical companies also do it for the big box stores. We have had conversations with the manufactures and distributors about this.

Sorry to hear of your experience but I have to disagree. I sell infinity and have done successfully since 2005 - I am an internet dealer

I have never had a problem with warranty repairs or tub finish. Infinity has an online warranty claim processing system it works great for me and my customers.

Joe Parham is the rep I contact for sales and support. Infinity Spas is huge, they sell alot of different lines. Most dealers have their own unique molds.

I recently learned the Jacuzzi bought Sundance, I will soon become a dealer for both.