Jacuzzi 480 Or 470

diamondg

I am going to make an offer before year's end on a

1) 2007 Jacuzzi 480 with stereo (floor model), or a

2) 2008 Jacuzzi 480 with stereo (New. The 2008 models have the newer jets, and lighted cupholders, which the 2007 does not).

A local dealer is selling a J470 floor model for $9,300 including tax, cover, lifter, and delivery, but I prefer the J480 model. What are the lowest prices I should expect to pay for a J480 with stereo, cover, lifter, and delivery?

For a 2007 floor model with stereo, I was hoping to spend $9,200.00 plus tax and including cover, delivery, and setup. Is this reasonable to expect?

For a new 2008 480 with stereo, I was hoping to spend $10,000.00 plus tax and including cover, delivery, and setup. Is this reasonable to expect?

I am going to make an offer before year's end on a

1) 2007 Jacuzzi 480 with stereo (floor model), or a

2) 2008 Jacuzzi 480 with stereo (New. The 2008 models have the newer jets, and lighted cupholders, which the 2007 does not).

A local dealer is selling a J470 floor model for $9,300 including tax, cover, lifter, and delivery, but I prefer the J480 model. What are the lowest prices I should expect to pay for a J480 with stereo, cover, lifter, and delivery?

For a 2007 floor model with stereo, I was hoping to spend $9,200.00 plus tax and including cover, delivery, and setup. Is this reasonable to expect?

For a new 2008 480 with stereo, I was hoping to spend $10,000.00 plus tax and including cover, delivery, and setup. Is this reasonable to expect?

I think your offer is close but it would be a very skinny deal. I suppose its worth a shot. Just know if your dealer it accepts or is close you are getting a very good deal.

I don't know if this helps but we just bought a 2007 J480 with no stereo and no ozone for $10,500 in Maryland back in November.

So far we have had some minor issues with the spa:

There was a "leak" of one of the air intake ports, apparently it had fallen loose during shipping.

see thread:

http://www.poolspaforum.com/forum/index.ph...c=10065&hl=

The top doesn't actually seat itself on the rim of the spa, the area where the lid hinges leaked steam like the smoke stacks on the Titanic. We added one of those "solar" spa covers between the lid and the spa and now no heat escapes from under the lid.

The installers failed to set our jumpers for the 60amp service so we didn't know why we couldn't have heat with both pumps on. After reading the manual I figured it out. This is not a manufacturer issue but something that you should know.

The jets turn themselves off very easily. You can manually turn them to adjust the amount of flow but they are loose enough that every time you get in you have to "re-open" them. I would like it better if they were a little more stiffer in their turning.

All in all I would say that we do like the spa, it was the only one we found with both a lounger and foot dome. The minor problems that we have had have been just that, minor. But this is a NEW tub, in my opinion there shouldn't be any problems with a product from a 50 year old company. Hopefully you'll experience none of what we did and if you do, now you know how we handled them.

Happy Soaking.

How can they sell a spa for only $10,000 and make any money?

What a deal!

I'm sorry but I think 10 grand for a jacuzzi is outrages. Any tub for that matter. I spose it's relative to where you live but here you would be hard pressed to even find a tub over 9 grand and most average between 6-8 for higher end and 2-4 for lower end. I guess we are cheapo's here in Northern Minnesota and the dealers get less. I gota get out an check pricing at the local dealers again.....sigh.

I'm sorry but I think 10 grand for a jacuzzi is outrages. Any tub for that matter. I spose it's relative to where you live but here you would be hard pressed to even find a tub over 9 grand and most average between 6-8 for higher end and 2-4 for lower end. I guess we are cheapo's here in Northern Minnesota and the dealers get less. I gota get out an check pricing at the local dealers again.....sigh.

Here in the Chicago area, most of the high end tubs are at or slightly above $10,000, so that doesn't shock me.

Everything is more in metropolitan areas because overhead (everything!) is higher. Don't balk at a couple hundred bucks to get what you want. Get the new tub. It's the end of the sales quarter. Go in make your deal, and when he says "no way!" walk back out the door. You may make it home before he calls you on your cell to say "Ok ok..." He has to sell that tub before the end of his tax year to write it off his taxes. He'll take anything you're ready to pay, trust me. All you have to do is be prepared to walk out nonchalantly when he says "no" with a "yeah I think I'm gonna have to wait, that's all I can afford and I really want the 2008..."

Bo "no I'm really not Bill Shatner" Darc

Everything is more in metropolitan areas because overhead (everything!) is higher. Don't balk at a couple hundred bucks to get what you want. Get the new tub. It's the end of the sales quarter. Go in make your deal, and when he says "no way!" walk back out the door. You may make it home before he calls you on your cell to say "Ok ok..." He has to sell that tub before the end of his tax year to write it off his taxes. He'll take anything you're ready to pay, trust me. All you have to do is be prepared to walk out nonchalantly when he says "no" with a "yeah I think I'm gonna have to wait, that's all I can afford and I really want the 2008..."

Bo "no I'm really not Bill Shatner" Darc

I certainly don't disagree with playing hardball but to say "he'll take anything" is going a bit far. They may want to deal but dealers have a bottom end and they'll let you walk if you make a lowball take-it-or-leave-it offer assuming they'll simply cave.

Decide what you think is fair and offer it (or even offer a little less) to see if they'll bite but unless your dealer is having a going out of business sale they won't cave simply because its year end but they may be more willing to bargain to make one last deal in '07.

I certainly don't disagree with playing hardball but to say "he'll take anything" is going a bit far.

~snip~

Apologies, you are absolutely right sir. Actually I have met one Master Salesman in my life who did me in reverse... Oh that didn't come out right. We'll skip over the exact price but for an example I was trying the same thing... I finally had him down to $1,000 and went too far and said something insulting like "Ok yeah $1,000 but what's the best you can do?" he said, ""$1,100..." I laughed ....he laughed. I tried to give him the $1,000 and he said "no really now it's $1,100 that's the best I can do" ...I had to pay him the $1,100.

There's still a few days left in the Christmas season Diamondg, here's my last ounce of Christmas spirit <insert 1 oz spirit here> ...go easy on a brother, you may want him staying in business next year when you want some advice or warranty service... maybe he'll have an ounce of Christmas spirit left too and give you some freebies. You can't put a price on Goodwill B)

Bo "Santa is wathcin'!" Darc

I don't know if this helps but we just bought a 2007 J480 with no stereo and no ozone for $10,500 in Maryland back in November.

Did that price include tax ?

$10,500.00 was for the spa, steps, start up chems and delivery. Tax was extra, 5% here in MD. I've learned through the internet that things cost differently throughout the country, why I don't know but they do. Maybe it's delivery surcharges from California where the spa was made.

Did that price include tax ?

$10,500.00 was for the spa, steps, start up chems and delivery. Tax was extra, 5% here in MD. I've learned through the internet that things cost differently throughout the country, why I don't know but they do. Maybe it's delivery surcharges from California where the spa was made.

Freight is a part of it but so is the cost of doing business in different parts of the country. Remember for the most part spa dealers are just small "Mom & Pop" type stores that are usually a family run business. I don't think most people understand really how small the market is for spas and that is why you have a relativity small amount of dealers. Those who think there some conspiracy regarding pricing and the like are sadly mistaken. Most dealers are just trying to earn a fair living.