Filtration -- Marquis V. Hot Springs

IL Parrothead

But all of this fighting was unexpected. I really wasn't talking about whether consumers believed all 325 sq. ft. of filters were being used by the circ pump. I was just asking for someone to support the argument how WHEN THE JETS ARE MOVING THE WATER other tubs can accomplish (assuming they can) similar clean filtration with 100 sq. ft. or so of filtration versus the HS 325 sq. ft.

Its funny in this thread I been accused of not answering a question....which I still do not know what I did not answer.....but in any case....when filtering gets mentioned I have asked here and before and it has never been answered as to what really matters when your in your spa....filtering or properly sanitized water......I think it is far more important to be sure your water is sanitized than it does if its going though the filter or not....and again I will say for what I hope is the last time the Hot Springs does a great job of filtering....HS people will argue its better than any other....I would say there are others that work every bit as well....but the most important factor in spa is water....is that it is properly balanced and sanitized....and filtering does play a key role.....

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I been accused of not answering a question....which I still do not know what I did not answer.

I believe the question is - are you a dealer, and if so, what brand do you sell?

And for me, the point on which I disagree is when you said that HotSpring tries to mislead people.

B)

I been accused of not answering a question....which I still do not know what I did not answer.

I believe the question is - are you a dealer, and if so, what brand do you sell?

And for me, the point on which I disagree is when you said that HotSpring tries to mislead people.

B)

Chas,

You need to go back and reread my post I plainly and clearly said I sell Marquis...no down load needed to see this....and once again Charles....I said "a bit misleading"...it is a difference of distinction ....or do I need to post the meaning when used in this context from the same source that you quoted...I appreciate you ducking away from the direct questions that have been presented to you as well.....

here Chas.....since your back is bothering you I will save you the trouble of looking this up......but from post number 37 in this thread :

" I sell Marquis spas and others"

.....is that plain enough for you.....or do you need some help in understanding its meaning....

Having trouble falling asleep and just noticed something.

Hot Springs Tri-X filters have 325 sq. ft. of filtration area.

I know Marquis (and others -- Caldera's larger spas come to mind) only have 100 sq. ft.

Any noticeable difference in filtration -- from those of you who might have sold both?

I am going to go way back on this thread and give an opinion. Maybe the Parrot isn't clear yet.

100 SF or 325 SF will not make much of a difference in the clarity of the water. Both will filter adequetly. HS uses more SF of filter because there is no bypass of the filter system to allow for effiecient pump flow. This is a good thing but not the only way to filter effectivly. Truely a non issue.

Thanks guys. That does explain it. When I was sitting in my tub last night and looked at the intakes, it dawned on me that was probably the difference. I would assume if there was only one filter, that the jets would have less power with non-bypass filtration. With five, I assume they can achieve the same or similiar flow to jets. Of course, mamma told me what happens when you assume. :)