Hotspring Vista /grandee

Barrett82

Getting ready to wet test in the next few days dealer had the Grandee wet and is filling and starting up the Vista for us to wet test.

Are the following good prices for these models (Ohio)

Includes set up/deliverly, electrical sub panel, cover, cover cradle(lifter), steps, start up chemicals.

We are second time buyers from this dealer

Vista $ 10,489.00 + tax

Grandee $ 9,889.00 + tax

Also would a brick paver base be OK

thanks

Barrett, I just purchased a Hot Springs Grandee from my dealer in LI, NY. They are moving out 2007 models now and I got a price of $8995 for the complete package. This was lowered from the original price of $9895 2 weeks ago. If I wanted to order one and not from the stock at the dealer it would be $9295. All of these prices are plus tax of course. The dealer said this price reduction is coming from Hot Springs. Should be available to your area also.

We just finished a wet test of the Vista and the Grande, the Vista seems a little harder to get in/out due to the lounger though. Both are very nice, Were coming from a Tiger River Bengal bought from the same dealer, the prices are there intial offering, said they automatically go to the bottom line for repeat customers.

We shall see, told them we needed to think about which one, but the Grandee is looking like the winner.

$ 9295.00 sounds like a good deal to me, that'll be our counter!

thanks

I am currently looking at the Sundance Optima and the Marquis. I am not crazy about the Marquis. I am going to a Hot Spprings dealer tomorrow to see the Grande or Vanguard. I do not know which to get. Any comments or recomendations about the Sundance or the Hot Springs? Anything I should ask or look for on either. I am not too happy with the Sundance dealer that they do deliver the item, but once the electrician hooks up the spa, the dealer does not come back to start up the spa, he said I can call him and he will talk me through it. They also said that after 90 days, if I call for a warrenty call, they charge 75 dollars for travel costs(they are only 10 minutes down the road). I like the Sundance tub but these things left a bad taste in my mouth. Any suggestions? Thank you.

Just got this back from the local dealer concerning the Grandee/Vista:

The operating cost guarantee on both models are $24 a month operating the spa at a constant temperature and using the spa 30 minutes a day with both jets on for 20 minutes. The cover s to be in place otherwise. Please note that the guarantee is based upon an energy cost of 8.5 cents a KWH. If your usage is higher (or lower) and/or your costs or higher (or lower) your cost will vary. If your usage is less than 30 minutes a day or if you only use 1 jet pump on average then your costs will be less (and visa versa).

Pretty good I think

I am currently looking at the Sundance Optima and the Marquis. I am not crazy about the Marquis. I am going to a Hot Spprings dealer tomorrow to see the Grande or Vanguard. I do not know which to get. Any comments or recomendations about the Sundance or the Hot Springs? Anything I should ask or look for on either. I am not too happy with the Sundance dealer that they do deliver the item, but once the electrician hooks up the spa, the dealer does not come back to start up the spa, he said I can call him and he will talk me through it. They also said that after 90 days, if I call for a warrenty call, they charge 75 dollars for travel costs(they are only 10 minutes down the road). I like the Sundance tub but these things left a bad taste in my mouth. Any suggestions? Thank you.

My opinion is that dealer confidence should rate just below comfort in the spa itself. I was more than willing to spend more at a Marquis dealer until the manager made a complete A_ _ of himself in front of my wife and kids. I walked out and retested the Grandee from Hot Springs. We are happy with our decision and awaiting delivery this Friday. Go with your gut when it comes to these sleezy salesman. Good service after delivery is just as important as the initial purchase.

We wet tested the Sundance Optima, but want the Maxxus. The dealer did not have one for filling! We then wet tested the HS Grandee and Vista. I was not real happy with the Grandee, the moto-massage chairs just seemed uncomfortable, The prices are the sdame on both. Around 10k out the door. The Maxxus is 11.5K out the door. I think the HS water feature is dumb, and I do not like the interior controls either. So that being said, if the maxxus is $1200 more is it worth it? The sundance dealer said they would gladly come out as many times as possible under warranty. No charge for any typy of serive calls under warranty. The Hot Springs dealer is saying the same. My opinion is that your Sundance dealer is arrogant and a big reason to go somewhere else. Get his policy in writing if you go with his brand. From my research, everybrand seems to need service sometime. Now I need to decide what to buy??? Maxxus or Vista!!!!!!!! :blink:

Getting ready to wet test in the next few days dealer had the Grandee wet and is filling and starting up the Vista for us to wet test.

Includes set up/deliverly, electrical sub panel, cover, cover cradle(lifter), steps, start up chemicals.

Vista $ 10,489.00 + tax

Grandee $ 9,889.00 + tax

thanks

We wet tested the vista at a local dealer. The floor model is priced at 9700. I am thinking that I might want the grandee as it does not have the lounger. It seems that inorder to feel the back massage and the foot massage at the same time, you have to be over 6 feet tall. I like the jets alot more than the Sundance and the Marquis. I was quoted 9700 for a new Grandee but will have to wait 5 or so weeks for it. I also would like to see the Vanguard. I am also not too sure weather or not to pour a concrete slab or use railroad ties and stone and lay a plastic spa pad under. I am worried about the leaking warrenty. I do not want the manufacturer to say that I was supposed to put the tub on a slab. Anyone have any suggestions?

Vista $ 10,489.00 + tax

Grandee $ 9,889.00 + tax

thanks

We wet tested the vista at a local dealer. The floor model is priced at 9700. I am thinking that I might want the grandee as it does not have the lounger. It seems that inorder to feel the back massage and the foot massage at the same time, you have to be over 6 feet tall. I like the jets alot more than the Sundance and the Marquis. I was quoted 9700 for a new Grandee but will have to wait 5 or so weeks for it. I also would like to see the Vanguard. I am also not too sure weather or not to pour a concrete slab or use railroad ties and stone and lay a plastic spa pad under. I am worried about the leaking warrenty. I do not want the manufacturer to say that I was supposed to put the tub on a slab. Anyone have any suggestions?

I saw the Grandee last night. It was really nice and BIG. Floor model price is 9500. I was told it is a later 2007 model as it has the newer head rests(the sales man said that the first half 2007's had hard head pillows and later(after July) has the softer ones). Is this a good price for a floor model? Thank you.

We ended up buying an Sundance Optima.

We had a lounger in ourl ast tub, opted out this time.

My wife is shorter and tended to float up in the Grandee/Vista, had to sit on her legs to keep her chin out of the water and couldn't reach any jets for a foot massage.

The Sundance Optima cured all those issues and has a multitude of adjustment, also has a variable water fall ( wife liked better). It's a big tub also 480 gallons vs 500 for the Granded/Vista.

8999.00 + tax with everything, except Stereo/CD ozonator

In chicagoland about 3 weeks ago we were just offered price of $8950 for a Grandee with set up etc...

We ended up buying an Artic based on wet testing the two tubs, we liked the Grandee, Sundance Optima also but ended up with Artic Tundra.

If you dont mind saying.. what version of the tundra did you get? and what price did they charge?