2001 Dimension One Californian Good Deal?

cyroute

I have a chance to get a 2001 Dimension One Californian for 450.00. The current owner had it filled and was working about 3-4months ago. The only known problem with it other than being a little dirty now is the ozone generator broke I can get this part for 180.00 is it worth it for this model or should I worry about other things being wrong with it? He did say the pumps and heater worked and it had no leaks I did look at it and it looks to be in good shape. He also replace the control panel about 1.5 years ago under warrenty and some other monor things like the cover clips and such. This will be my first hot tub and don't want to spend a ton of money for something that may just turn into a money pit. I haven't read to many issues with the spas so it sounds like a good deal this is a friend of a friend so don't think the guy is trying to get over on me. As a bonus the guy os going to give me all the electrical conections fro the spa.

Thanks,

Joe

You said it was working 3-4 months ago - did he say why it's not working now? I would really want to see it filled & running before buying it. At worst, if he absolutely refuses to fill it (i.e. the electrical has already been disconnected), ask if you can install it at your house & make sure it's running before buying.

That was when he decided to not use it anymore and has been to busy to do anything about selling it. I just heepend to say something to my friend that I have been looking for a hot tub and he said something to him and thats how i found out about it. He has already begun the process of disconnecting it becuase he wanted to put it up for sale before the winter hits.