I Need Help In Plano, Texas!

I am having Wave tec (from Georgetown, Nancy helped me on the phone) come out next week to do an estimate on a pool for me! (I am a single mother and very naive in pool talk!) I have been reading these discussions and am freaking out about wave tec. I have read horror stories (especially from El Paso area, etc) but I have not been able to find anything from anyone in the Plano area. (I did read one person's pleased report from Mckinney who suggested asking for Mike Germano.) Can anyone out there help me in making a good decision about this? Also anyone with any suggestions as to who else I should contact in Plano? Oh and 1 more thing, Can anyone help me with ideas on what exactly to get i.e... type of pool, filtering system, hot tub or not, etc? Thanks so much!

We live northeast of you in Rockwall, and we have a Wavtec pool, we HAVE had some problems, ( we had to have our liner replaced, and our spa worked on) but they have been excellent about the repairs, and have responded fairly promptly. I have friends who have had gunite pools built, and they have had problems also, and not always had the good response that we have had. Make sure that the proper city inspections are done as the work progresses, no matter what builder you choose. All in all we are happy with our pool.

We specifically chose a liner pool, because we have black clay soil, and concrete/gunite pools frequently crack.

I am having Wave tec (from Georgetown, Nancy helped me on the phone) come out next week to do an estimate on a pool for me! (I am a single mother and very naive in pool talk!) I have been reading these discussions and am freaking out about wave tec. I have read horror stories (especially from El Paso area, etc) but I have not been able to find anything from anyone in the Plano area. (I did read one person's pleased report from Mckinney who suggested asking for Mike Germano.) Can anyone out there help me in making a good decision about this? Also anyone with any suggestions as to who else I should contact in Plano? Oh and 1 more thing, Can anyone help me with ideas on what exactly to get i.e... type of pool, filtering system, hot tub or not, etc? Thanks so much!

:P HEY I know you have read about some problems in the El Paso area, but in Georgetown where I live am very happy with wavetec. I too know little about pools but I talk to my neighbors that also have a wavetec pool and also very happy (that is why I went with wavetec) They took only 10 days to have my pool finished,and last week I was having a problem with the filtering system and they came out the next day and showed me what I was doing wrong and no problem since. My pool was finished on April 14.We have several resisidents in the neighbors getting their pools too because of the service and how good the work was. Just check the references of the sub-contractor that what seems to be the problem with the folks in ElPaso. As soon as I can figure how to down load the picture the this web-site I will show you. I chose the kidney shape pool due to having a kid side and a adult side---GOOD LUCK WITH YOUR POOL

Check with Sea Horse Pools and Spas, they are in that area and have been around for a while,,

I live in Ft Worth and Wavetec did my pol, also. I am very happy with it (Just wish they had more liner patterns to choose from....) Mike Germano and his crew built my pool and he was very professional and had it done quickly. Like I have posted in the past, the only real complaint I had was waiting from the time the contract was signed until the building started. Then when you start reading these posts, in CAN freak you out. My pool looks good, feels great and does not leak or have any problems. Mike even came out and replaced a faulty screw for me! It is relatively low maintenence and we are really enjoying it. I know there are some bullies on this site that claim that we that are happy must work for Wavetec, but they could very well be working for the competition and wanting to drive business THEIR way (cuts both ways) We have a Nature 2 system and it works well......

Dawn,

Now we are bullies? I don't think so. What we ARE = 35 + ripped off Wave Tec customers here in the EL Paso, TX area. What matters to us is getting out the word of the crap company. Just try and re-finance your house Dawn, you'll find out Mike at Superior Financing (Same company owns wave tec) will not allow you to do so. Thier lien on all wave tec loans will have you screwed untill the loan is payed off. SO yes wave tec - superior financing have some scam going. We're glad you are happy in your area but for us down here its not the same story.

Dawn,

Now we are bullies? I don't think so. What we ARE = 35 + ripped off Wave Tec customers here in the EL Paso, TX area. What matters to us is getting out the word of the crap company. Just try and re-finance your house Dawn, you'll find out Mike at Superior Financing (Same company owns wave tec) will not allow you to do so. Thier lien on all wave tec loans will have you screwed untill the loan is payed off. SO yes wave tec - superior financing have some scam going. We're glad you are happy in your area but for us down here its not the same story.

I already DID refinance (in February) and I had no trouble at all...if you don't believe that, I will be happy to provide my loan officers name, address and phone number to you. I have always been pleasant and civil on the site and I expect the same treatment from others in return. I am just voicing MY opinion. I am not saying you did not experience a bad time..... I wish you were in the DFW area, then maybe you would have had a better experience. But I am not going to verbally beat up on you as you have on all of us for so long. I would be happy to give your name and any other information to Mike Germano and maybe he can help?

Look "Dawn", I checked to see when you joined this forum, and it was this year... I signed up LAST year, right after my pool was "finished". I'm just not some jonny-come-lately, I've been with this forum much longer than you. Ruiz and I are in the same town, we both joined about the same time. Both of us along with the other 33 + customers down here. All of the 35 customers here have contacted me and Ruiz about wave tec. All negative. I feel as if Im lucky just to have a completed pool. Whether it's 100% or not.

As I said good for you that your patting wave tec on the back, as for us hell no. We will complain here and to wave tec untill all of us are fixed or completed. All the people you've talked about we have already spoke with. None of the wave tec reps follow thru with anything. I know atleast 25 contacts in that building in Georgetown, none of which has followed thru on me or anyone else down here. SO Dawn be happy, don't expect us too.

Dawn, What type of pool did you put in? Was it gunite or vinyl? And who was the sub contractor that they hired - I understand that that is a key as well as to wether it is a good pool or not.

Thanks Kenn, I will check with them.

I had the Premiere Pool put in (14 X 28) and it is an ingound vinyl liner sport pool. I don't know what is going on in ElPaso, but in this area (DFW), everyone seems ok w/ their pools, at least from what I've read. We chose the liner pool due to the heavy clay content in our soil and the possibility of gunite cracking. The X Brace system is supposed to be stronger so there is less soil shift damage. I will no longer read or respond to Mike in El Paso, since he seems to want to take his anger out at those of us that have had no real problems (like it's our fault) It's ok for him to give his opinion, but not ok for others w/ few or no problems to? You should have both sides, but as my husband said, there are always going to be happy AND unhappy customers. If you are very concerned but want to get this pool, you may want to make it a condition of your contract that Mike Germano be your guy, since I had such good luck w/ him and his crew. Of course, I cannot guarantee anything, just give you my experience...... And I actually have been a member of this forum since July of last year, I just don't have time to get in here all the time.... Please let me know if you would like to see the pool, I would be happy to show you, My email address is dbuscho@yahoo.com

Well for someone that says she isnt reading-responding to my reply she sure reads-responds very fast. As long as you repeat your spam for wave tec we will be here, so please Dawn don't respond...

Hey JERK-(mike in el paso)--I wish I could have a job that all I had to do is sit on the computer and talk bad about everybody that does not feel the same way as you do---Please let me know the name of the pool company that you work for so I can recommend them to your place...Also I wanted to tell you that my father inlaw is getting a pool from wavetec and lives in the El Paso area and they have already started digging the pool--he chose wavetec do to the great customer service that me and some of his friends have had--THANK YOU FOR YOUR TIME

Well hello Spammer, it is very clear that you work for wave tec. I asked for pictures of your pool, you showed us nothing, your full of it. Keep the name calling going. It seems you have as much keyboard time as me assface. And Im very sure your family lives here in the town, People here know all about wave tec and how shady they do business. Keep up the lies. I'll be here for the truth about this damn company.

Show some compassion!! I think Mike is angry about his pool - as well he should be but Mike, to assume EVERY pool they build is garbage is probably not true. I would like to see pics from the satisfied customers. If you're not sure how to post the pics send me a PM and I'll post 'em for you. :unsure:

Thanks Tagprod for the support. Atleast you kinda see where Im coming from. And Im not saying ALL of wave tecs pools have been junk, just the ones they put in EL paso last year. These are the ones I have seen, not just mine. And hell yes Im upset, when you pay 25,000 to 30,000 for a pool you really want what you payed for. And I agree Id love to see some pictures of the pools from the people that have been giving me and ruiz hell.

Anyone that has or IS having a pool built by wave tec in the el paso, tx area, feel free to email me or msg me here. So all you people hating me for standing up for us ripped of customers down here get a new hobbie. I could care less what wave tec does anywhere else, but down here I will do what I can to show people there "quality work and customer service".

Thanks to everyone for your advice and help! I am certainly learning a lot from this forum! I had one estimate yesterday from Anthony Sylvan Pools! (Anyone know anything about them? I have not seen 1 negative or 1 postive thing about them on any forum I have been on.) Doug Green came out and gave me an estimate - he seemed extremely nice and knowledgable! He helped me design a gunite pool (3x5x4) with a wall of water fall and 2 lion heads-a tanning ledge and stone coping. 400ft decking - they use 8inch centers - and they use the nature2 system with led color lighting. Also I liked the fact that they have a lifetime (transferrable) warranty for any cracks or problems with the pool. Also they have a 15 year warranty on the decking. And they have a $500. cash guarantee if your pool is not finished within 35 days of the contract signing. Oh Yea and the cost is about $27,000

How does all that sound?

:wacko:

Thanks to everyone for your advice and help! I am certainly learning a lot from this forum! I had one estimate yesterday from Anthony Sylvan Pools! (Anyone know anything about them? I have not seen 1 negative or 1 postive thing about them on any forum I have been on.) Doug Green came out and gave me an estimate - he seemed extremely nice and knowledgable! He helped me design a gunite pool (3x5x4) with a wall of water fall and 2 lion heads-a tanning ledge and stone coping. 400ft decking - they use 8inch centers - and they use the nature2 system with led color lighting. Also I liked the fact that they have a lifetime (transferrable) warranty for any cracks or problems with the pool. Also they have a 15 year warranty on the decking. And they have a $500. cash guarantee if your pool is not finished within 35 days of the contract signing. Oh Yea and the cost is about $27,000

How does all that sound?

:wacko:

SOUNDS GOOD----Let me knowhow its goes---Thats what I payed for my vinyl pool with out a water fall

• 7 months later...

Hey JERK-(mike in el paso)--I wish I could have a job that all I had to do is sit on the computer and talk bad about everybody that does not feel the same way as you do---Please let me know the name of the pool company that you work for so I can recommend them to your place...Also I wanted to tell you that my father inlaw is getting a pool from wavetec and lives in the El Paso area and they have already started digging the pool--he chose wavetec do to the great customer service that me and some of his friends have had--THANK YOU FOR YOUR TIME

I just wanted to say that I was having alot of problems with Wavtec in the summer time months last year about getting my pool put in. I must say they stalled all the way til' Dec 06, but now I have a pool! Mike Geronmo (spelling) was the contractor and I must say He was very good. I wish everyone can get him as a contractor.. I want to post some pics too, so please let me know how I can and I will do that.. I live in S. Ft Worth.. I have from begining and end so about 7 or 8 pics in all.. So let me know and I will show you my pool. Oh' it took them only 10 days and today I am putting water in it.. Can't swim yet but im glad that it is all over now..