Problems With Filters?

GregsSpa

I have a new (3 month old) Diamante spa.

The tub has a 240 sq. ft. filtration system, which consists of 2 large filters, maybe 20" tall. The filters are threaded at the bottom and screw into the filter housing.

About 3 weeks ago, I noticed one of my filters floating in the housing. The threads had somehow sheared off, leaving the filter floating and the threads inside the housing. I called for service, made an appointment for the next week, and before they could get out to me, the other filter did the same thing.

Is this a typical problem?

It appears the filters get hot and the rubber gets brittle, but I don't understand the threads shearing off.

I explained that I could not afford to be spending $150 on filters every three months and they obliged and sent me out 2 new filters. I guess I can't expect them to keep replacing the filters for free, did I just get a bad set of filters, or did I do something wrong installing them?

The service guy told me not to tighten them as much this time, but I know I didn't wrench them down last time, so I'm kind of concerned. This time, I only used maybe 1/2 the threads down in the housing.

Any ideas?

I have a new (3 month old) Diamante spa.

The tub has a 240 sq. ft. filtration system, which consists of 2 large filters, maybe 20" tall. The filters are threaded at the bottom and screw into the filter housing.

About 3 weeks ago, I noticed one of my filters floating in the housing. The threads had somehow sheared off, leaving the filter floating and the threads inside the housing. I called for service, made an appointment for the next week, and before they could get out to me, the other filter did the same thing.

Is this a typical problem?

It appears the filters get hot and the rubber gets brittle, but I don't understand the threads shearing off.

I explained that I could not afford to be spending $150 on filters every three months and they obliged and sent me out 2 new filters. I guess I can't expect them to keep replacing the filters for free, did I just get a bad set of filters, or did I do something wrong installing them?

The service guy told me not to tighten them as much this time, but I know I didn't wrench them down last time, so I'm kind of concerned. This time, I only used maybe 1/2 the threads down in the housing.

Any ideas?

Scew them down all the way, now is the time to see if there is a problem (during warranty) Could of just been bad filters.