Is This A Good Price? Newby Here...

Donna216

Okay, I've been researching this forum for some time now and have a question on price. My husband and I have been looking into the Hot Springs Vista and Grandee models. A local dealer said that the Vista is $11,700 new and the Grandee is $11,400 but he would give me the floor model for Vista $9,699 and Grandee $9,499. There are slight differences even though the sales guy told me there were none --number of jets for one. The MSRP on hottubquotes.com for Hot Springs is $5,795 - $10,595. Do these offers seem high for the floor model?

Another thing, there are 2 adults and soon to be 5 children in my family and I'm not sure if I should skip the lounger or not. I've read about people floating in it. I guess I need to wet test. My husband kinda likes it. We need this for theraputic purposes as well. My husband has been in several motorcycle accidents and an accident at work. I on the other hand am a nurse and suffer from back problems. Any advice is greatly appreciatted.

Thanks much!!!!

~Donna

Okay, I've been researching this forum for some time now and have a question on price. My husband and I have been looking into the Hot Springs Vista and Grandee models. A local dealer said that the Vista is $11,700 new and the Grandee is $11,400 but he would give me the floor model for Vista $9,699 and Grandee $9,499. There are slight differences even though the sales guy told me there were none --number of jets for one. The MSRP on hottubquotes.com for Hot Springs is $5,795 - $10,595. Do these offers seem high for the floor model?

Another thing, there are 2 adults and soon to be 5 children in my family and I'm not sure if I should skip the lounger or not. I've read about people floating in it. I guess I need to wet test. My husband kinda likes it. We need this for theraputic purposes as well. My husband has been in several motorcycle accidents and an accident at work. I on the other hand am a nurse and suffer from back problems. Any advice is greatly appreciatted.

Thanks much!!!!

~Donna

The msrp is not for a used floor model spa that the dealer can't unload! I would offer him two thousand less then what he offerd.

Thanks much!!!!

~Donna

The msrp is not for a used floor model spa that the dealer can't unload! I would offer him two thousand less then what he offerd.

Wow, really? I would have never thought $2000 less. That's a lot more than I expected. Does a floor model still usually carry a warranty too?

If I go with a new '07 model in either the Vista or Grandee how much lower can I offer on that? Thanks!!

Donna, my HS dealer quoted us $9700 for either the Grandee or Vista -- new, not the floor model. And that was without any negotiating yet. FYI.

Thanks Parrothead, I sent you a pm. I'm in the Chicagoland area as well.

Donna, my HS dealer quoted us $9700 for either the Grandee or Vista -- new, not the floor model. And that was without any negotiating yet. FYI.

Thanks Parrothead, I sent you a pm. I'm in the Chicagoland area as well.

I'm on the East Coast and would sell the Grandee and Vista brand new for under $9000.

Has the floor model been filled or just displayed empty? Either way it will still carry the full warranty.

Thanks for the replies. The tubs are both filled and on display. But the sales guy has said a couple different things about the financing that was contridictory to their add. I already have that area covered on my own.

Dan.The.Spa.Man

You are FOS with pricing on the Vista and Grandee. I don't know of any area on the east coast that sell for under 9k. Please stop posting false info, you obvisouly do not know anything about. Cost of business in a given area will determine what the spa should cost. That being said, I still don't know of any dealer from Maine to Florida that sell a new Vista or Grandee for less than 9k. If they do, they aren't in business to be profitable.

Dan.The.Spa.Man

You are FOS with pricing on the Vista and Grandee. I don't know of any area on the east coast that sell for under 9k. Please stop posting false info, you obvisouly do not know anything about. Cost of business in a given area will determine what the spa should cost. That being said, I still don't know of any dealer from Maine to Florida that sell a new Vista or Grandee for less than 9k. If they do, they aren't in business to be profitable.

I can call on a price tomorrow. i'm in CT.

Dan.The.Spa.Man

Hey Seahawk, so you are up on spa pricing at every spa dealership from Maine to Florida?...what a genious? It appears that you are the one who is FOS. How about you put your money where your mouth is and I'll sell you either one for under $9000. I've worked at the same place for the last 18 years and my bonus tells me that we are quite profitable. Thanks for your concern.

Dan.The.Spa.Man

I could get you either of those models for under 9 G's also here in Minnesota, but your gona have to pay the delivery!! I figure I can do it on the east coast for about 2000-2500