Baquaspa And Ozonators

Hello forum and thank you for this opportunity to ask a question.

I have an older calspa, was here when I bought the house. I replaced the heating el emit and the O rings on all the jets, as well as some clamps. ozonator bulb was out so I removed the whole thing

For the past 2 years I have used BaquaSpa without an ozonator and without any real problems, (probably because I am very meticulous about my testing and chem additions.) I have no experience with any other chem treatment I have been replacing water and filter every 6 months. BaquaSpa treatment seems to run me under $100 every 6 months + a filter. I am kinda afraid to reuse the filter

the Cost seems to be very reasonable If you ask me I use my spa just about twice a week averaged year around.

My question to the forum Is. Since I have been fairly successful with BaquaSpa should I use

an ozonator? and what issues should I look for in order to avoid any Problems. I have read in other forums the nightmares people have had. But I really want an ozonator ( stomping foot )

Are there really any benefits to an ozonator with BaquaSpa? Will I really Use less chems

It seems the answers to these questions very depending on who you ask.

Thanks

ParanoidX2 :D

Hello forum and thank you for this opportunity to ask a question.

I have an older calspa, was here when I bought the house. I replaced the heating el emit and the O rings on all the jets, as well as some clamps. ozonator bulb was out so I removed the whole thing

For the past 2 years I have used BaquaSpa without an ozonator and without any real problems, (probably because I am very meticulous about my testing and chem additions.) I have no experience with any other chem treatment I have been replacing water and filter every 6 months. BaquaSpa treatment seems to run me under $100 every 6 months + a filter. I am kinda afraid to reuse the filter

the Cost seems to be very reasonable If you ask me I use my spa just about twice a week averaged year around.

My question to the forum Is. Since I have been fairly successful with BaquaSpa should I use

an ozonator? and what issues should I look for in order to avoid any Problems. I have read in other forums the nightmares people have had. But I really want an ozonator ( stomping foot )

Are there really any benefits to an ozonator with BaquaSpa? Will I really Use less chems

It seems the answers to these questions very depending on who you ask.

Thanks

ParanoidX2 :D

No one else has answered this. The concensus in our office is that it can't hurt.

From the Baquaspa website:

"4. Is the BaquaSpa Water Care System compatible with my spa’s ozonator?

BaquaSpa is compatible with an ozonator. You should follow label directions for all BaquaSpa products. If you are using an ozonator, we recommend that you test your BaquaSpa Sanitizer with Stain & Scale Control level every four days instead of once a week (as recommended for spas without an ozonator).

"

• 3 weeks later...

Ok, thank you for your responce.

I guess I will try and let you all know how is works out.

My store has been selling baqua spa for about 10 years now. The ozone has little or no effect either when a spa is on the system.

Hope this helps.

So are you saying I would be waisting my $$ by installing an ozonator ?

LOL and I thought is would be an easy question.

Ozone is probably most effective in a bromine spa. The ozone actually reactives the bromine bank in the spa and helps keep the sanitizer levels constant. It works against a chlorinated spa since ozone will destry chlorine and chlorine breaks down ozone. I am not sure of the effects it will have on biguinide (baqua) but I suspect it really will have little effect excect to maybe reduce the need to use the hydrogen peroxide shock quite at often since the ozone will oxidize some of the organics and the H2O2 will not be consumed as fast. The faster oxidation of organics will probably create a higher amount of 'baquagoo' in the spa which is probably why the website recommends using the stain and scale control more often.

As far as wasting your money... a properly maintained bromine or chlorine spa will cost MUCH less and be MUCH easier to care for than a biguinide spa any day! If you want to get an ozonator go with bromine. It makes it even easier!