Four Winds Does Anyone Know About Them?

money

I wet tested 3 tubs yesterday. I really like the Four Winds as far as price but no one on here has said anything about them. I did wet test a Hot Springs and very nice but more than I can spend. I wet tested a Sun Dance Hartford and it was nice. Thank you in advance.

More homework I just checked out BBB and the company that is selling Sun Dance has problems should this be a concern? The company that sells Four Winds is o.k. and like I said before I don't think I can afford the Hot Springs unit. $2500.00 more than Four Winds.

Four Winds aren't really designed to compete with Hot Spring and Sundance. They target closer to the mass merchandiser tubs in my opinion. Most of the dealers I know that carry FW use it as an entry-level line. Nothing against FW at all, but if you're considering HS and SD, I doubt you'll end up buying a FW. As for the BBB rating on the SD dealer, I would heavily consider that. Sundance is a good company and they will stand behind their product, but it's always easier with a reputable dealer helping you out.

If the Hot Spring is out of your budget, take a look at their Tiger River line. Same quality, less bells and whistles, less price.

Thank you for your help. Next thing yesterday I saw ad in the paper called he had a FW not the model that I was looking at but told me he could see if he could find one. He did give me a price about $500-800 difference from local dealer, to the door. I would have to call local dealer to get it worked on. Don't really know if the local dealer would work on it! I think he would under warranty but would he put me off. Is it worth the extra 500-800 to buy from a local dealer. Any opinion?

This method of selling tubs is getting popular, unfortunately for everyone in the long run. These people will usually sell their tubs cheaper because they have zero overhead except for the storage building that has the spas. A lot of these guys have other jobs. If price is your number one concern, go for it. But don't expect any service from that "dealer". He isn't really a dealer in the traditional sense. He's just the middleman and once he makes the sale, he's done with you for the most part. I mean he's already told you that you'll have to go to the other dealer to have work done on the tub. That should tell you something. Then the ball's in the other dealer's court. They either tell you to go fly a kite since you wouldn't purchase from them or they take the job and charge you for absolutely everything they can. Just be careful and know what you're getting into.

This method of selling tubs is getting popular, unfortunately for everyone in the long run. These people will usually sell their tubs cheaper because they have zero overhead except for the storage building that has the spas. A lot of these guys have other jobs. If price is your number one concern, go for it. But don't expect any service from that "dealer". He isn't really a dealer in the traditional sense. He's just the middleman and once he makes the sale, he's done with you for the most part. I mean he's already told you that you'll have to go to the other dealer to have work done on the tub. That should tell you something. Then the ball's in the other dealer's court. They either tell you to go fly a kite since you wouldn't purchase from them or they take the job and charge you for absolutely everything they can. Just be careful and know what you're getting into.

Sad but often true; well said.

Dealer's don't make $$ off waranty work really, it's bascially a wash but it's what they have to do for their customer. If you're not their customer they aren't going to be crazy about doing work on something someone else made $$ on with the sale.

Buy a good used tub for the same price and get a tub thats well built.

Most dealers lose money on warranty work, understand if a company does not have to service you after the fact they can afford to make less on the spa because they know they don't have to ever help you. Understand you would make this money up with just a few service calls and cant put a price on what would probably be the customer service level...if you want the FW which I dont suggest I would recommend trying to get a few hundred extra off and go with local guy paying more but knowing you will be serviced better which could be priceless.