Buying New Spa

spagirl

Hey everyone, love the forums. I need a little help in buying a new spa. I live in New York so it will have to be outdoors in the winter. I'm looking for one that will seat 3 people and can recline in at least on of the seats. There's so much information on the web I just want to make sure I get something from a good company. I'm looking around $5000. Customer service is important if that helps. does anyone have a good suggestions?

I think your first step would be to find dealers in your area and go take a look at what they have. Next, do wet testing to find a spa that feels right for you. You'll find plenty of opinions about what are/aren't good spas on this forum. People generally feel that Sundance, Hot Springs, D1, Caldera, Jacuzzi, Arctic, Artesian and Marquis are good tubs. I'm sure I left someone out. Since you mentioned customer service, get references. A good dealer should be happy to supply these. Also, check with the better business bureau.

Hey everyone, love the forums. I need a little help in buying a new spa. I live in New York so it will have to be outdoors in the winter. I'm looking for one that will seat 3 people and can recline in at least on of the seats. There's so much information on the web I just want to make sure I get something from a good company. I'm looking around $5000. Customer service is important if that helps. does anyone have a good suggestions?

Go to the websites of some of the better manufacturers (Google TinyBubbles suggestions, they're all good options) and use their dealer locators to see who is nearby.

Also look on their websites to see what they have in their "online showrooms". If you want a spa that truly seats 3 people you are going to need a spa that is listed as a 4 pereson spa (always subtract 1 from the # the dealers say the spa holds).

Had thermospa at the house this week, they are out of my price range

WARNING! They will probably call you back. Don't fall for their shenanigans on grossly overpriced and technologically inferior products:

In Response To: Nightmare in a Thermospas Hot Tub

you must be one of the hired guns they use to respond to bad posts on the internet. let me tell you that thermospas is the best sales job anyone can get. salesman make $150,000 plus per year. they are given a price sheet where the par price(the rock bottom price thermospas can sell a spa for with the salesman making only a flat $100 commission)is listed in between the model numbers on the price sheet, it's hidden in between the front and last number on the fake serial number. the salesman can sell a spa for any number they want above par and than they split that amount 50/50 with the company! they usually start with showing the highly inflated "retail" (they don't have any dealers that sell thier spas anywhere close to the high prices they charge with thier in home program)price sheet and than offer you a first night discount called the "factory direct" price.they usually give thier pitch than at the end they do the classic "drop" where they call in and ask the sales manager for a better price if the customer buys that night! its the old tin man routine and it makes alot of money. the head of the outfit is andy tournas and he does extensive training with the salesman and teaches them how to alway make the sale that night, if they dont sell that night than a manager will call the customer a few days later and offer a "special" deal and sell it fot par, its called the rehash program. i found all this out the hard way, i paid way too much for my spa. my friend got the exact same spa for thousands less than me. dont fall for thier trade in scam either, all they do is raise the price of thier spa and reduce it by the supposed amount they offer you for your trade. its a laugh, as i said they have salesman making thousands in a single night, not bad if they can sleep with the guilty conscience. good luck but i would never buy from them again

The Jetsetter is an excellent spa. Good luck in your search!

Terminator

I've already spoken to Andy, when I the salesperson couldn't get me to sign on the dotted line she called for back up! Much to my suprise the quote went from 14,900.00 to 8,900.

I thanked him for his time & quote then explained I'm a shopper and had to at least look at a few other Spas before I could buy. Thanks for the responce.

I've already spoken to Andy, when I the salesperson couldn't get me to sign on the dotted line she called for back up! Much to my suprise the quote went from 14,900.00 to 8,900.

That is an abjective bullshit business practice.

NO LEGITIMATE SPA COMPANY WOULD DO THIS.

Good for you spagirl for not falling prey to this scam. Boo hoo hoo for the sales rep for missing out on a $3000 commission.

Terminator

I thanked him for his time & quote then explained I'm a shopper and had to at least look at a few other Spas before I could buy. Thanks for the responce.

LOL, let me guess, the HUGE drop in price to $8900 was due to someone canceling their order and this already built spa they had sitting there complete they wanted to move out and would sacrifice on price and give to you for this one of a kind deal.

How you can sell Thermospa with a straight face is beyond me.

3 seater spas

Hotsprings Jetsetter

Coleman C-351

Sundance makes a 3 seater

Dynasty and Marquis make a triangle 2-3 seater

Jacuzzi makes a 3 seater

What part of NY do you live in?

3 seater spas

Arctic Fox

Hotsprings Jetsetter

Coleman C-351

Sundance makes a 3 seater

Dynasty and Marquis make a triangle 2-3 seater

Jacuzzi makes a 3 seater

I added one to your list.

Also look on their websites to see what they have in their "online showrooms". If you want a spa that truly seats 3 people you are going to need a spa that is listed as a 4 pereson spa (always subtract 1 from the # the dealers say the spa holds).

I'll give a big "amen" to that. We just got a "2/3" person spa a few days ago, an older version of the current Sundance Metro. It's listed as a 2/3 person spa, but the only way 3 people would fit in it is if they were Oompa Loompas. It's okay for two - it's fine for soaking, but changing seats & getting in/out can be a little difficult with someone else in the tub. If you want to seat three people, I would consider the following tubs:

Three Person Tubs:

Sundance Capri

Arctic Cub

Coyote Bandit

Four Person Tubs:

Sundance Camden

Tiger River Sumatran

Marquis 520M

Marquis 418

Jacuzzi J-325

D1 Seville

Beachcomber 530