Artesian

kimbo67

We are interested in the Grand Bahama with lights, stereo, etc.. It sounds like a lot of people on here don't think Artesian is that good? Our hot tub is an OLD seven sea so anything would be better. The display is on clearance for 7500. What do you think? Any input will be GREATLY appreciated!!! Thanks, Kim

hi kimbo - after doing tons of research last year, we wound up buying an Artesian Piper Glen. It's a great, solid tub. Artesian is just not as popular as some of the other top brands.....there doesn't seem to be as many dealers out there. Anyway, I posted on another forum about Artesian and the response from just about everyone was that Artesian is "clumped" in with the other top brands as far as quality goes, you just don't see too many people that have them. Out of all the other Artesian owners out there, I've yet to come across one that is not happy with their purchase. We've had ours for a year now and we love it. Hope that helps a little.

By the way....not sure where you read on here where people didn't think Artesian was good? I don't remember reading that? I just remember reading Travelling Spa Guy questioning Artesian but that's because he knows nothing about them (he even said that himself)....is that what you're talking about?

Hi Kim, I'm far from an expert, but I tried to do a ton of research before buying a spa. I also shopped until I dropped. We recently purchased, and are awaiting delivery of, an Artesian captiva. Try to remember that people on this site are very helpful, but many are dealers. So, to a point, their experience is geared towards the brand they sell. That might be why you hear more about other brands here. I have yet to come across an unhappy Arstesian owner. In fact, I called a great deal of owners, to check on their experience with the brand, before I purchased. I dont' know how soon you are going to buy, but we should have ours in a couple weeks. I can give you more info. then.

I must have missed those posts!

I must have missed them too. I don't think I've read anything negative about them. Like I said in my previous post, there just seem to be more Hot Springs and Sundance dealers here. Kim, if you love it, go for it. I was the same way. I could not make up my mind until I found the Artesian. The angels started singing and their was a halo around the tub. Ok, that was a bit of an exaggeration. But, I had no doubt it was the tub for me. Good Luck.

We are interested in the Grand Bahama with lights, stereo, etc.. It sounds like a lot of people on here don't think Artesian is that good? Our hot tub is an OLD seven sea so anything would be better. The display is on clearance for 7500. What do you think? Any input will be GREATLY appreciated!!! Thanks, Kim

I think Artesian makes a fine product, one of my top ten. Clearance or not, ask for a better deal or extra's.

I think Artesian makes a fine product, one of my top ten. Clearance or not, ask for a better deal or extra's.

What is a good price? It has 62 jets, waterfall, led lights and stereo. It is the floor model, though. Do they usually take your old tub and give any chemicals on floor models? Thanks again for all the help!!!

What is a good price? It has 62 jets, waterfall, led lights and stereo. It is the floor model, though. Do they usually take your old tub and give any chemicals on floor models? Thanks again for all the help!!!

Around here, that wouldn't just be a good price, they would be giving it away. I'm amazed at how prices vary in different regions. Here you would get a captiva with 44 jets, led lights, waterfall, but no stereo for that price, if not higher.

I must live in a really cheap part of the country (central Ohio). My semi-local Artesian dealer was at a home show I visited a few weeks ago, & had a 52 jet Grand Bahama at a "special home show price" of $6700. For reference, they had the popular Platinum series Piper Glen for $9700.

I would agree with the others here who have said that Artesian is one of the better brands out there. The only knock I've ever heard about Artesian is that their jets - like ALL spinning jets - may wear out over time. However, Artesian introduced their new "Helix" jets in the Island series, which may be a real improvement over "regular" spinning jets (in the same way that Hot Spring, Sundance, Jacuzzi, and others have gone to more reliable jet styles over the past few years).

I must live in a really cheap part of the country (central Ohio). My semi-local Artesian dealer was at a home show I visited a few weeks ago, & had a 52 jet Grand Bahama at a "special home show price" of $6700. For reference, they had the popular Platinum series Piper Glen for $9700.

I would agree with the others here who have said that Artesian is one of the better brands out there. The only knock I've ever heard about Artesian is that their jets - like ALL spinning jets - may wear out over time. However, Artesian introduced their new "Helix" jets in the Island series, which may be a real improvement over "regular" spinning jets (in the same way that Hot Spring, Sundance, Jacuzzi, and others have gone to more reliable jet styles over the past few years).

That 6700 price, was it for a loaded tub? Does anyone know if they usually take your old tub if your getting the floor model instead of a new one?

That 6700 price, was it for a loaded tub? Does anyone know if they usually take your old tub if your getting the floor model instead of a new one?

I know it was the 52 jet version and not the 62 jet version you're getting. It included cover and delivery, but not a stereo. I can't remember if it had ozone, stainless jets, and all that.

I live in northern Georgia.

That is a screaming deal. I have one on the floor that doent have lights for $7995.00 for an 06 model. He is offing you this tub for a very low margin.

Which is the "screaming deal"? The one kim is being offered or the one I got? Sorry, I got confused. :(

The one Grand Bahama 62.

I live in northern Georgia.

That is a screaming deal. I have one on the floor that doent have lights for $7995.00 for an 06 model. He is offing you this tub for a very low margin.

Which is the "screaming deal"? The one kim is being offered or the one I got? Sorry, I got confused. :(

The one Grand Bahama 62.

Thanks for the help. We thought we better jump on the screaming deal, so it will be delivered on Thursday. We are really excited !!

• 2 months later...

We've had our grand cayman island tub for almost 3 years now and have had some frustration with it. The dealer no longer sells these tubs. Our first problem was the speakers in the tub went out and they are not covered so they were replaced at our expense and now the radio /player doesn;t work-no of it covered. We've had to replace the grey pillow like protection things a couple of times as they have ripped and the holder thigs break but our biggest most frustrating experience is with the white plastic holders that holds the jets into the tub. Over time they become brittle and the plastic clips break off and all of a sudden you have the jet and the units floating in your tub. They don't stay in anymore. So to replace them-at your expense-you have to be the entire unit silver holder and all-not just the defective white holder and they run over 10.00 a piece-we have 52 jets and started to replace them and have stopped. I have tried to contact artesian but the customer service is lousy. No help there.Never would I have ever thought to check that out. If you are looking for tubs keep this into consideration. If you talk to the dealer they say you have to ekkp your ph balanced- watch for calcium build up yadda yadda but we do all that and they still crumble and break. Has anyone else had the same problem and if so what did you do???Thanks...