What's Under Your "skirt"

biggz

I'm interested in seeing and comparing the different insulations, plumbing and electronics used by the different spa builders. "High End" and "Low End". I would like to see how much better the tubs in the $5K and up range are made and why.

Here's a good thread on that topic:

Show us your Equipment Compartment

DP Roberts,That's a great start. Wow! Hopefully we'll get more and then discuss our findings. :D

Everyone knows D1 is my favorite brand. Well it just amazes me that 3 pumps 2 shut offs and 4 slice valves, an ozonator, control box and heater all fit in that space so neatly laid out and orginized.

Everyone knows D1 is my favorite brand. Well it just amazes me that 3 pumps 2 shut offs and 4 slice valves, an ozonator, control box and heater all fit in that space so neatly laid out and orginized.

I've always ignored these threads to some degree because I don't put as much value in this for one simple reason. In order to lay out the equipment compartment so neatly you sometimes have to add elbows for no other reason than to line the pumps up nicely for visual effect. On the other side of that wall to that nice layout is the hose going directly to jets or is there an elbow (45 or 90)? I'd rather have the pumps sitting at an angle and the hose going directly to the jets than to have this neat looking compartment with a wall and elbows on the other side of the wall to redirect the plumbing. I'm not knocking the nice layouts; I'm just questioning whether they had to make compromises to give that clean look which is somewhat of a "Marketing" move, and an effective one at that.

If there are no plumbing compromises to get this visual effect then that's great.

I've always ignored these threads to some degree because I don't put as much value in this for one simple reason. In order to lay out the equipment compartment so neatly you sometimes have to add elbows for no other reason than to line the pumps up nicely for visual effect.

Very good point. I don't have any pics handy, but the HotSpring tubs I sell usually have a very short and very straight plumbing run from the filter compartment to the pump inlet. There is a single 90 at the bottom of one filter, then a T fitting at the bottom of the other - then a flex line goes right into the suction of the pump - in 2" spa flex. There may be a gentle bend needed to line things up without using an elbow, so the pumps are set at various angles.

Yet, the equipment box is completely wrapped, insulated and fairly neat.

B)

I've always ignored these threads to some degree because I don't put as much value in this for one simple reason. In order to lay out the equipment compartment so neatly you sometimes have to add elbows for no other reason than to line the pumps up nicely for visual effect.

Very good point. I don't have any pics handy, but the HotSpring tubs I sell usually have a very short and very straight plumbing run from the filter compartment to the pump inlet. There is a single 90 at the bottom of one filter, then a T fitting at the bottom of the other - then a flex line goes right into the suction of the pump - in 2" spa flex. There may be a gentle bend needed to line things up without using an elbow, so the pumps are set at various angles.

Yet, the equipment box is completely wrapped, insulated and fairly neat.

B)

Are the 3 tubs aside from the Coleman "Full Foam" and if so did that influence the design in terms of the pump compartment areas? B)

• 2 weeks later...