How Far Will You Drive To See A Hot Tub Dealer?

D.P. Roberts

How far will you go?  

17 members have voted

1. 1. How far will you travel to visit a dealer?

• No more than 10 miles
    • No more than 15 miles
    • No more than 20 miles
    • No more than 30 miles
    • No more than 40 miles
    • No more than 50 miles
    • More than 50 miles

If you're shopping for a spa, how far are you willing to go to visit a dealer?

If you already own a spa, what was the farthest you would have considered?

If you're a dealer, what's the farthest you consider your "territory" to be (i.e. if another dealer for the same brand came in, you'd consider them a "neighbor" instead of "competition").

If you're a dealer, what's the farthest you consider your "territory" to be (i.e. if another dealer for the same brand came in, you'd consider them a "neighbor" instead of "competition").

I would nt consider more than 20 miles.by the way we bought the piper glen thanx for your opinion on the can spa

I'm surprised at the number of votes for 50 miles or more. The vast majority of people don't bother to wet test, but they will drive an hour or more to see the tubs they want? Strange.

The distance from my driveway to the place I purchased my tub is 49 miles (my GPS told me so).

I think the responses may have to do with geographics. We live in Maine....and 50 miles isn't a long trip for us. The NEAREST Spa sales are 35 miles from us so the extra 14 miles to get a better deal was a no brainer.

I'm surprised at the number of votes for 50 miles or more. The vast majority of people don't bother to wet test, but they will drive an hour or more to see the tubs they want? Strange.

Here in the big state of MN I drive 40 miles one way to work everyday. Living in the country forces us to drive further. The closest dealer to me is about 50 miles. Working in the city and living in the country also teaches us to do the things that need to be done in the city while we are there and not make any special trips there.

The nearest dealer is 6-7 miles from home and there are another 3 dealers within 2 miles from him. B)

Remember, the wet test is worth between 4K and 5K. So, you get what you pay for. :rolleyes:

Here we go again. This bozo must own a no warranty 5-6 year tub.

At a dealer you get a full warranty one you don't have to work on yourself or wait 3 months for parts. A spa that will last 15 years or more and one that is a whole lot more energy efiecient.

And for only 2-3 grand more. Your right about one thing, you get what you pay for.

Remember, the wet test is worth between 4K and 5K. So, you get what you pay for. :rolleyes:

And for only 2-3 grand more. Your right about one thing, you get what you pay for.

You're right. Maybe some dealer will let me give him 3 grand for a wet test. Then I can be happy with my tub. <_<

Lots of people go out and buy low end tubs and are happy with them, not just you.

You're right. Maybe some dealer will let me give him 3 grand for a wet test. Then I can be happy with my tub. <_<

Lots of people go out and buy low end tubs and are happy with them, not just you.

We have had people buy from us who live 60 or miles or more from us, and pass at least 3 other dealers to get here! (One that sells the same brand that we do) They say it's worth it because we give them good service. And they tell their friends. Word of Mouth is STILL the best advertising!! :P