Which Spa Should I Buy?

jdevelop2

This I will be my first spa and I have a $3700 budget. Should I buy the Nordic Escape ($3700) or the Walmart KeysBackyard spa that is sold on walmart dot com for $2900?

I ruled out the Dreammaker due to heat issues. I live in Memphis and would like to be able to get into a 103 degree hot tub in January when it's 20 degrees. Will I have to do the 220 hookup for this to be possible or can I get buy with a 110?

Thanks!!!

I came close to buying a Nordic last year. I e-mailed the company with some questions and got some great responses back. I had a running conversation with a tech for several weeks. All tubs are engineering compromises, and I was really impressed with how much thought they put into their designs. We ultimately decided not to buy a tub then, but if we would have it would have been a Nordic.

There are many options online, find something with a strong warranty.

I'd go one step further and say "find something with a warranty that you know will be fully honored (by a local dealer and a reputable manufacturer)".

Having a warranty you can print out and having a warranty you can count on are two different things.

Well one thing thats for sure is Walmart will not being going out of business, so maybe that's the best choice?

Walmart owns Sam Club. The Keys Valencia at Walmart seemed like a better package IMO then the Keys tub offered at Sams Club. I bought mine from Walmart. Both are virtually the same but Walmarts tub does come with Ozonator and Steps. Sams Doesn't. Sams has an LED light and Walmart's has a standard light. I guess if the LED is important to you go with the Sams but it's not like you can't replace the standard light with an LED later. If you decide to buy the ozone later it will cost more than an LED light and you'll still have to climb into the tub. Just my opinion. PS and it's less expensive too. cheers

Sam's vs. Walmart, I think you are right. Costco has the ozonator, led lights, stainless steel jets, cover lifter, etc. for the same price as WalMart. 3,477 at Walmart 3,499 at Costco. If you are going for rock bottom price, Walmart would win I think. I don't know if it's humanly possible to buy a new spa cheaper than 2,998. Atleast there are options out there for everyone.

P.S. They Keys Backyard are labeled under Discovery at Costco.

Sam's vs. Walmart, I think you are right. Costco has the ozonator, led lights, stainless steel jets, cover lifter, etc. for the same price as WalMart. 3,477 at Walmart 3,499 at Costco. If you are going for rock bottom price, Walmart would win I think. I don't know if it's humanly possible to buy a new spa cheaper than 2,998. Atleast there are options out there for everyone.

TinyBubbles, The Walmart tub is $3447 and has 2 pumps, the Costco tub is $3499.99 and has 1 pump.

A two pump spa with SS jets, ozone, steps for $3477, that has the be a big ole P.O.S. There is no way anyone can build a spa with those items for that price and use quality parts to build it. It may look nice at first but I bet in a couple of years it is falling apart. Not to mention the extra energy it will use.

Pay more now or a lot more later, your choice.

Well, that would certainly be an important point to consider. I noticed that when I was shopping online that it was kinda hard to comparison shop because everyone seemed to do something a little different.

Tiny, I agree. It was only by chance that I realized the 2 tubs were the same with subtle differences. Actually 3 tubs. I figured that it was a good entry level tub that could hold more than 3 people (My sister in law is getting a little heavy :lol:) and at a price that I could buy for cash. It was this site that I learned of the possible flaws of Hydro Spa after reading the many viscouis mean spirited battles between the "Costco Hydrospa Rebellion" and the "First Intergalactic Dealers Empire".

But I'm glad I did, else I would've bought a Hydro and would be in some deep dodo with my wife. After researching Keys and reading the post of "mader in Nov 06 when he ordered and purchased his "Keys Backyard" spa and seeing the delightful pictures and reading the post he wrote after receiving it got me thinking maybe Keys. That tub looked real good to me and he paid a better price. (dang gummet). Then I read the post of "flibotte" in April of 07. The poster gave a very honest opinion regarding the insulation after owning it for 2 years. "flibotte" said the electric was high in the Winter. Now Tiny, I don't know where you live, but where I live Winter is 80 degrees in the day and 50 at night (whoooh). Every blue moon we'll get 45 and the weather men talk about "where having a cold snap" it's laughable. :lol: So the Keys won this time. I wonder why the dealers don't try too sell the Keys too and give the big box stores some of there own medicine. :rolleyes:

It can't be that bad, both of those posters has not once made a real complaints since owning theirs, at least as far as this site is concerned. My first car was a real junker and I bought it new from Pontiac.

Now I own a Lincoln, but had to learn why. B):D

A two pump spa with SS jets, ozone, steps for $3477, that has the be a big ole P.O.S. There is no way anyone can build a spa with those items for that price and use quality parts to build it. It may look nice at first but I bet in a couple of years it is falling apart. Not to mention the extra energy it will use.

Pay more now or a lot more later, your choice.

Dipstick, Your opinion may be valid as far as you're concerned but, the attitude and the dirty mouth you display is an indication to all reading these post of where you are in life. :( I came here as a gentleman only offering my opinion. You on the other hand come here as a bully with a dirty mouth. :lol: So how do you feel now Dipstick? Remember the thoughts you think and the things you say is always one of the clearest indicator of who you are. :blink:

I wonder why the dealers don't try too sell the Keys too and give the big box stores some of there own medicine. :rolleyes:

Because when the big box store sells it their hands are pretty much washed of it. When the dealers sell it and then can expect the customer on their doorstep when problems arise. Warranty work is NOT a revenue generating thing so dealers are looking for quality as well as salability.

Keys is not known for the quality and warranty service (see Footsie's posts on Dr Spa's site for history on her ordeal to get simple service). If you're a do-it-yourselfer then that spa may make some sense to some who are willing to take the chance and go in with their eyes wide open.

I wonder why the dealers don't try too sell the Keys too and give the big box stores some of there own medicine. :rolleyes:

Because when the big box store sells it their hands are pretty much washed of it. When the dealers sell it and then can expect the customer on their doorstep when problems arise. Warranty work is NOT a revenue generating thing so dealers are looking for quality as well as salability.

Keys is not known for the quality and warranty service (see Footsie's posts on Dr Spa's site for history on her ordeal to get simple service). If you're a do-it-yourselfer then that spa may make some sense to some who are willing to take the chance and go in with their eyes wide open.

That's pretty much the way I am. A do-it-yourselfer . I don't mind getting my hands dirty. In fact I'm looking into upgrading the standard light before filling the tub when it arrives. You see I learned about

cars on the Pontiac. I understand what you're saying to a degree regarding the warranty work, but I find that a little hard too believe considering you are getting paid aren't you? Not to mention the additional traffic you'll get in your store just for offering the tub. Look we can go around all day and night with this but you are missing the point. You don't think more people would buy tubs if they were sold for more reasonable prices. :lol: Man look I could teach you a class on economics but you'll have to pay me. B) Wake up. Lots of people want tubs. But you guys sell only Lexus'. No Fords or Chevy's. -_-

Dipstick, Your opinion may be valid as far as you're concerned but, the attitude and the dirty mouth you display is an indication to all reading these post of where you are in life. :( I came here as a gentleman only offering my opinion. You on the other hand come here as a bully with a dirty mouth. :lol: So how do you feel now Dipstick? Remember the thoughts you think and the things you say is always one of the clearest indicator of who you are. :blink:

Sorry I should have said P.O.J. (piece of junk). I call them like a see them. :D

I just read all 4 of footsie posts ( a lot wow) and some times things happen. But you just can't hold on to that 1 bad experience, nor do you know how much exaggeration is in footsies 4 post. If footsie is reading this write in and tell us how the tub is doing now. It still doesn't give your position of not caring this spa or at least at the exact same price point. Your in business to make money, I thought but some of the people arguing about how great the "high end" tubs are seem to miss that the average Jane and Joe is not just going to lay down $5-6K for a hot tub in these time. Please don't take this wrong but, there's power in numbers that's why Walmart is Walmart and you are you. :lol::lol::lol: