Spa Drains To Pool Level When Filter Not Running.

Scotsman

Glad you were able to resolve this.

Thanks again Pool Clown,

You were exactly right. I just got the new valve diverter itself in after driving across town in rush hour :huh: . Everything is back to normal and my psi is back down to 10. Now its time to relax. Have a great New Year 2010!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I am having the same problem. I have an elevated spa that drains down to the level of the pool each night. On the return side are two jandy check valves, one as it exits the heater and one after the jandy valve used to switch from pool to spa return. Is it possible I need to replace both of them. I replaced one of them and the problem was not fixed so I switched check valve to the where the other check valve is located and the spa is still draining. Is there any other problem I could be having. Thank You.

Adam

I am having the same problem. I have an elevated spa that drains down to the level of the pool each night. On the return side are two jandy check valves, one as it exits the heater and one after the jandy valve used to switch from pool to spa return. Is it possible I need to replace both of them. I replaced one of them and the problem was not fixed so I switched check valve to the where the other check valve is located and the spa is still draining. Is there any other problem I could be having. Thank You.

Adam

You too could have the same problem as jbcarlson read this thread to diagnose.

• 8 months later...

We have recently bought a house that has an inground pool. When we first moved in, we had no problems with the spa draining after the pump shut off. Then we found out that we had a leak in our Jandy DE filter so our home warranty company sent someone out here to look at it. I don't know what he did to our equipment, but ever since he came, our spa has been draining every night after our pump shuts off. We've since had the filter replaced with a Pentair and we had our multi port valve replaced as well. I've asked the guy who cleans our pool weekly about it and he said it was because of the leak in our filter. I also asked the company that came and replaced the filter and he said that it was because we had a valve turned on that should be off (the fountain valve). Anyhow, neither of these fixed the problem. I went out today and turned the actuators both to ON1 (the actuator closest to the pump was already set on ON1 and the other one was set at ON2) and then turned the valves all to on. Needless to say, I'm at a loss as to what is wrong with it. I took a picture of the equipment so hopefully I can figure out how to attach it here and anyone who knows what, if anything is turned the wrong way, I would love to hear from you!

pool.jpg?t=1289175126

Flip the switch on the return side (higher) valve. Make it so the handle is pointing to the valve labeled pool, and that should solve the draining at night problem.

Ok, I flipped the switch and the valve didn't go all the way over, it stops about 3/4 of the way. I have attached a picture of that as well. I'm wondering if there is something in there that is causing it to jam?

Question: Why is the Jandy temp sensor just hanging off the pipe near the pump inlet?

I have no idea. I'm assuming you are talking about the little circle thing with the green thing around the wire? (Can you tell I'm not a pool expert?) Where is is supposed to be? What does it do? And what kind of problems am I looking at without having it where it's supposed to be?

equipment.jpg

Hello-

I have the same problem with my spa draining down 6-8 inches after the filtering stops.

My question:

The valves that switch from pool to spa.

Are these the ones that need to be cleaned?

I have 2 of them on my pool/spa setup.

Or

Is it the valve that is straight through with a blue handle (don't know what that does)..

Thank you in advance

• 3 weeks later...