Wanted Suggestions For 5x7' Spa For 2-4 People

Plantguy

I'd like your suggestions for a spa about 5'x7' to go on my patio in San Diego that would fit 2 people and on a few occassions up to 4 people. I'm thinking something like 1 lounger and 2 seats might work. Any suggestions on brands? Anyone have somthing like this? Many spas seem larger than this but I am limited by my patio space.

Thanks!

I'd like your suggestions for a spa about 5'x7' to go on my patio in San Diego that would fit 2 people and on a few occassions up to 4 people. I'm thinking something like 1 lounger and 2 seats might work. Any suggestions on brands? Anyone have somthing like this? Many spas seem larger than this but I am limited by my patio space.

Thanks!

Each spa company should have a spa that comes close to that 5'x7' but it will be what they refer to as a 3 person spa and in reality it will only fit 2. If you are really hold back by that 5' width you'll have trouble finding anything that holds mor than 2 people.

Is that 5' set in stone?

Thanks!

Each spa company should have a spa that comes close to that 5'x7' but it will be what they refer to as a 3 person spa and in reality it will only fit 2. If you are really hold back by that 5' width you'll have trouble finding anything that holds mor than 2 people.

Is that 5' set in stone?

Try the Coleman spa model 351 3 seater or sundance makes a 3 seater or D1 makes a 3 seater, even hotsprings makes a 3 seater called the Jetsetter I think. All of them are around 5x7

Thanks!

Is that 5' set in stone?

Try the Coleman spa model 351 3 seater or sundance makes a 3 seater or D1 makes a 3 seater, even hotsprings makes a 3 seater called the Jetsetter I think. All of them are around 5x7

I'll follow up on those. I might have a bit more room than 5x7 but 7x7 would be a bit too big.

One tub that's always intrigued me is the Artesian Saba. It's 6'0" by 6'10", but can seat 5 (4 therapy seats). It also has a "cool down" seat and 4 big foot jets. It's available in 29, 38, and 46 jet versions. We also have limited space, and are about to buy a used Sundance 3-seater (which I think we'll like very much). However, if we could afford a new tub, I'd definitely look at the Artesian.

You really need to look hard at the Arctic Fox by Arctic Spas. It's exact measurements are 86" x 69" x 39". It can seat comfortably 3 people. It has one lounger and 2 comfortable therapy seats. It also comes with a waterfall as well. You ought to check them out. I know there are several Arctic Spa Stores in California. Hope this helps and good luck in your shopping.

Well I'm just another homeowner, I'm not in the business, but I do think that people ona whole buy too big a spa, I too have a small space--6 by 6, I got a Keys La Paz, I bought it thru Sears, but there are a number of people selling it, I only have 110 wiring, but it was a whole lot cheaper for a small 110 spa, besides you can always take turns, at any rate I have been extremely pleased so far, had it about a month, it was a whole lot cheaper than a dealer. I did not need any of the bells and whistles like the stereo/tv, really funky lighting, already have this on my covered patio. I'm sure others have more expensive alternatives. I got mine for $2,700--this includes the $400 I paid to have the old one hauled away and the new one set up, otherwise it would have been less. that is including the taxes. I rewired the electrical myself, at the time I had an old 110 or I would have gone 220. But at any rate I got the whole thing fixed up nice with a couple of neon bar signs, new tub, double blender on the bar, ready for some football on the cable..

The Beachcomber 530 is 5'10" x 7'2". They claim 6-7 people, but it has 5 dedicated seats. Beachcomber has a pretty good reputation as well.

So, assuming one could go up to (but not over) 6' on the shortest side, and seat more than 3 people, we've got these models: Artesian Saba, Arctic Fox, Beachcomber 530, & Hot Spot Trinidad & Tobago. I'm probably missing a few.

Thanks for everyones suggestions! I am going to look at a used Phonenix Driftwood Cortaro tomorrow that is the right size. I am not familiar with this brand (I used to have a Sundance many years ago). Does anyone have experience with this brand? I thought since it is a used spa I might have an expert check it out. I don't think it is more than a few years old.

Thanks for everyones suggestions! I am going to look at a used Phonenix Driftwood Cortaro tomorrow that is the right size. I am not familiar with this brand (I used to have a Sundance many years ago). Does anyone have experience with this brand? I thought since it is a used spa I might have an expert check it out. I don't think it is more than a few years old.

There were some pictures of the Phoenix "factory" floating around here a while ago. See if you can do a search for them. It didn't look good. You may want to steer clear of them.

There were some pictures of the Phoenix "factory" floating around here a while ago. See if you can do a search for them. It didn't look good. You may want to steer clear of them.

Ah, yes, thanks. I should have thought to do a search on here first. Doesn't look so good for the Phoenix line after reviewing the other posts and the article. I think I'll visit Sundance and Caldera showrooms and maybe check out the Marquis for fun...

Hot Springs Sumatran is 6' X 6'. A bit more room for people.

I can't hold it in any longer! Hot Springs is the absolute worst hot-tub ever made. I would never own one or give one to a friend. I'ts all propritary equip installed into the worst foam enginerrs ever created, with little tubes everywhere, hard to work on, only can get parts through "Hot springs" requires ten wires on three breakers, are you kidding me? Give me a break. From a service techs point of view it's the absolute worst thing going, rock bottom. Everytime I get a Hot springs service call I cringe no BS. why not have the owner clean 65 freaking filters, sure great idea. You have to hold the door up with your head to look at the equip and poke a screwdriver into the interlock to see it work. good grief. Hot springs is a total joke and the worst thing on the market end of story. nothing beats a Hot-springs at being lame. forgive me people I just could not hold it in any longer. I refuse to work on any "Hot springs that has any sort of plumbing leak. I have lost too much flesh and blood digging out the rock they call foam. Worst thing ever built. That is my final answer. Never, never , never purchaqse a hotsprings spa. it is the worst nighmare on the market. end of story. I ask any serious tech to denigh it? What a can of worms! Hot-springs does not even belong in the hot-tub catagory. it's a circus desguised as a hot-tub. good grief. ask any tech if they enjoy working on this junk. poin made

http://www.selberg.org/~speed/havenspas/fi...ory/factory.htm

:wacko: