Sundance Pricing

timeo

How do these prices sound?

Capri w/ Ozone, cover, delivery, etc $7250

Metro w/ Ozone, cover, delivery, etc $5250

They sell these at Costco in the seatle area and the optima was 8k so it seams alot cheaper then a dealer. See if you have a local Costco that may have them.

If you do not want a service plan or warranty go with Cotsco. If you want your product backed up for several years go with a dealer.

They sell these at Costco in the seatle area and the optima was 8k so it seams alot cheaper then a dealer. See if you have a local Costco that may have them.

If you do not want a service plan or warranty go with Cotsco. If you want your product backed up for several years go with a dealer.

You are obviously not aware that the local dealers will service the spas sold through Costco as the warranty is from Sundance and they pay the local dealer for any service work needed to the spa.

No Dealer is going to do work for free and no dealer will warrant a tub but rather the factory.

As for the warranty it is the same as any dealer that sells the Sundance line..... I suppose you will now say that Sundance is a second rate spa now?

You are obviously not aware that the local dealers will service the spas sold through Costco as the warranty is from Sundance and they pay the local dealer for any service work needed to the spa.

No Dealer is going to do work for free and no dealer will warrant a tub but rather the factory.

As for the warranty it is the same as any dealer that sells the Sundance line..... I suppose you will now say that Sundance is a second rate spa now?

I do not think you are aware that a dealer will not be happy to do the warranty work and will care less if it breaks down again unless they sold it. I don't think dealers are too happy about the situation either. You might see alot of dealers dropping that line or taking on another line of spas. We all know what happens when dealers switch manufacturers like underwear. Leaves an ugly taste in old customers mouths. "WE NO LONGER SERVICE THAT SPA SIIIRRRRR!" "YOU WILL HAVE TO CONTACT THE MANUFACTURER SIIIRRRR!" Sort of like buying a spa from Cotsco to begin with. Sounds like sundance (NASCO or whatever) is desperately trying to sell more units. I can understand if they made a cheesier line like Hot Srings highlife model did for Cotsco but they took their identical spa's from my understanding and just plopped them into a hand full of Cotsco stores in essence affecting independent dealers. That is like the situation with Master spa's opening up Corporate Master Dealers right behind independent dealers stores (PA Hershey in particular of the top of my head). Alot of Dealers dropped Master spa because of that. Some people are lucky to find a place in this forum and identify with other people with similar situations.

I do not think you are aware that a dealer will not be happy to do the warranty work and will care less if it breaks down again unless they sold it. I don't think dealers are too happy about the situation either. You might see alot of dealers dropping that line or taking on another line of spas. We all know what happens when dealers switch manufacturers like underwear. Leaves an ugly taste in old customers mouths. "WE NO LONGER SERVICE THAT SPA SIIIRRRRR!" "YOU WILL HAVE TO CONTACT THE MANUFACTURER SIIIRRRR!" Sort of like buying a spa from Cotsco to begin with. Sounds like sundance (NASCO or whatever) is desperately trying to sell more units. I can understand if they made a cheesier line like Hot Srings highlife model did for Cotsco but they took their identical spa's from my understanding and just plopped them into a hand full of Cotsco stores in essence affecting independent dealers. That is like the situation with Master spa's opening up Corporate Master Dealers right behind independent dealers stores (PA Hershey in particular of the top of my head). Alot of Dealers dropped Master spa because of that. Some people are lucky to find a place in this forum and identify with other people with similar situations.

sounds like a personal problem and if you as a dealer refuse to service a spa that just goes to show you are a sore loser in the first place. Your beef is with Costco yet you think it is ok to refuse service to a customer that simply got a better price? I got it now. :lol:

sounds like a personal problem and if you as a dealer refuse to service a spa that just goes to show you are a sore loser in the first place. Your beef is with Costco yet you think it is ok to refuse service to a customer that simply got a better price? I got it now. :lol:

The beef is not with Costco, it is with ANY dealer that sells the same spa we sell and expects us to service it. Part of being a dealer is "servicing what you sell." Nowhere does it say "service what the dealer down the road sells." Yes, the customer got a better price, but what did he sacrifice to get that better price?

The beef is not with Costco, it is with ANY dealer that sells the same spa we sell and expects us to service it. Part of being a dealer is "servicing what you sell." Nowhere does it say "service what the dealer down the road sells." Yes, the customer got a better price, but what did he sacrifice to get that better price?

If he buys it from a dealer he sacrifices three grand, one third the cost at Costco.....

Only one upset here is the dealer....whahhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!! If the dealer where fair in there priceing then that spa would never be in a Costco wharhouse and if it was, it would only be a couple hundred differance not three thousand.....

The dealers all got caught with their pants down on this one and exposed for astronomicaly high priced merchandise. Costco just offered it at a realistic price.. Get over it!

This is not entirely correct information. A local dealer does NOT have to service a spa they don't sell. Warranty work is not necessarily profitable work and many dealers won't service a spa they don't sell. That is not to say you won't find a dealer to service your spa, but not without a way to make it profitable for them to do so.

This is not entirely correct information. A local dealer does NOT have to service a spa they don't sell. Warranty work is not necessarily profitable work and many dealers won't service a spa they don't sell. That is not to say you won't find a dealer to service your spa, but not without a way to make it profitable for them to do so.

Now you know why people shy away from dealers in the first place.

Now you know why people shy away from dealers in the first place.

LOL, what is that supposed to mean? People should shy away from dealers who won't do warranty work for another dealer?

Warranties are covered by two parties, the dealer selling the spa and the manufacturer. Why should a third party be forced to be responsible? Some may choose to but that's their choice.

If he buys it from a dealer he sacrifices three grand, one third the cost at Costco.....

Where is this "sacrifices 3 grand" coming from? Is someone trying to say there is a spa at Costco selling for $3000 less than it is selling for outsie Costco?

Optima sells for 8350 here in Duluth Minnesota from a dealer.

5350 is a great price from Costco if Soakerman can be believed???

Where is this "sacrifices 3 grand" coming from? Is someone trying to say there is a spa at Costco selling for $3000 less than it is selling for outsie Costco?

LOL, $5350 for an '07 Optima? I'll assume there is some confusion on models.

The local Aquaquip chain of dealers sells that Optima for 11K all day long here in Seattle. I think Costco listing it at a firm 9k is fair and shame on the local dealers trying to fleece a extra 3k out of a unsuspecting customer.

The customer is the one that sacrifices three grand at the dealer rather then Costco. Thank god your car dealership doesen't balk at fixing your Toyota under warranty just because it was purchased somewhere else. Dealerships that practice that whinning crap of not servicing what they don't sell should be loosing bussiness in my opinion.

The local Aquaquip chain of dealers sells that Optima for 11K all day long here in Seattle. I think Costco listing it at a firm 9k is fair and shame on the local dealers trying to fleece a extra 3k out of a unsuspecting customer.

The customer is the one that sacrifices three grand at the dealer rather then Costco. Thank god your car dealership doesen't balk at fixing your Toyota under warranty just because it was purchased somewhere else. Dealerships that practice that whinning crap of not servicing what they don't sell should be loosing bussiness in my opinion.

First off that's not a $3k difference, that's a $2k difference. Secondly I have a hard time believing that your local dealer sells the Optima "all day long for $11k" (maybe that much with stereo). Prices do vary by region and dealer but not $11k. I do believe if they went into Costco they would give a good price to try to sell some volume so there is certainly nothing wrong with buying a quality spa at Costco and if Sundance is selling an optima there for $9k I'm sure it'll get some takers.

Let's get one thing straight here.

From everything I've read in other threads about the Sundance / Costco connection, Sundance is NOT selling Optimas (or any of their other models) at Costco.

If you see a Sundance tub in Costco, it's the local dealer setting up a display in a high-traffic area, and paying Costco for renting the space.

The ONLY exception is when Sundance sells a separate, somewhat stripped-down model that's a Costco exclusive, much like other major manufacturers do.

I have not yet seen anything that indicates that the Sundance company is bypassing its dealers and selling the same spas for a cut-rate price at a local Costco. If anyone knows differently, please correct me (i.e. you talked to a salesperson in Costco who explained who they represent).

Until then, I think we're bandying about misinformation and rumors.

Costco is having "special events" for Sundance at select stores, today is the first day for the event at the Downtown Seattle store and it lasts for about 7-10 days.

I spoke with Costco to try and find out what the price would be for a Capri but they didn't have it in their system. They had a bunch of other models but not the Capri. So the guy from Costco gave me a name and number of someone at Sundance who I called. Here is what she said:

1. The spas being sold at Costco are actually being sold by the local dealer (Aquaquip)

2. The Capri was not being sold at these Costco events, only certain models would be available at the Costco pricing

3. The dealer would support and deliver the spa

Here is where it gets interesting. I am in the market for a small spa which is why I was looking at the Metro and the Capri. The local dealer quoted me $5,250 for a Metro and $7,250 for a Capri. Costco isn't selling the Capri but they are selling the Metro. The price for the Metro at Costco is $5,500, $250 more than what the dealer quoted me. Too funny.

Costco is having "special events" for Sundance at select stores, today is the first day for the event at the Downtown Seattle store and it lasts for about 7-10 days.

I spoke with Costco to try and find out what the price would be for a Capri but they didn't have it in their system. They had a bunch of other models but not the Capri. So the guy from Costco gave me a name and number of someone at Sundance who I called. Here is what she said:

1. The spas being sold at Costco are actually being sold by the local dealer (Aquaquip)

2. The Capri was not being sold at these Costco events, only certain models would be available at the Costco pricing

3. The dealer would support and deliver the spa

Here is where it gets interesting. I am in the market for a small spa which is why I was looking at the Metro and the Capri. The local dealer quoted me $5,250 for a Metro and $7,250 for a Capri. Costco isn't selling the Capri but they are selling the Metro. The price for the Metro at Costco is $5,500, $250 more than what the dealer quoted me. Too funny.

Lets get some facts correct please about Sundace at Costco shall we..

1. You are buying the spa from Costco.. you will pay costco for it (in full by the way cash only unless you have and american express card)

2.Correct.. you have a limited models, Limited colors and the ONLY option you have is with or with out stereo.

3. Yes the dealer will support you fully. As mater of fact you will talk to a salesperson at the Costco in seattle from the local dealer when you go to buy it.

So.. this is all fact not opnion by the way.. I have personaly worked the costco shows selling the sundance spas for the local dealer. Its a great deal but the only bad side is that there are no optoins and you can only pay cash for it or american express. but sometimes the local dealer will have a special sale that will be slightly lower then the Costco price and that has happend befor so don't discount looking at the local dealer.

Soakerman... Go to your local Dealer this weekend to buy the Sundance.. Trust me .. you will thank me for it!