Persistant Foaming

Hi all. We are using our new spa every evening before dinner (although with the ambient temp in the mid-90s, we don't stay in all that long, LOL). We use bromine tablets and shock twice a week. I'm keeping the TA and PH in range, and I added Calcium booster to get the hardness in range, too. However, if we don't use anti-foam nearly every day, use of the high jets with the bubbles on turns the spa into a bubble bath! Is this just normal in a high-use spa? We don't use soap on our suits anymore, but we don't always shower before the tub and in fact sometimes go in after exercise. We don't use a lot of lotions and potions, however. Is there anything else we should do? Is there any reason it would be bad to use foam inhibitor very often?

Clean your filters, it is possible you have some detergents still in filters. Showering before entering is mostly for lotions and hair products, sweat from exercise is not a big deal. Best way to handle foam is to mix antifoam and water half and half in a spray bottle and just spray on foam when it occures. What kind of bromine are you using, sometimes cheaper brands can have adhesives that cause foaming. Besides that foam is not a bad thing, just sometimes irritating

• 2 weeks later...
Hi all. We are using our new spa every evening before dinner (although with the ambient temp in the mid-90s, we don't stay in all that long, LOL). We use bromine tablets and shock twice a week. I'm keeping the TA and PH in range, and I added Calcium booster to get the hardness in range, too. However, if we don't use anti-foam nearly every day, use of the high jets with the bubbles on turns the spa into a bubble bath! Is this just normal in a high-use spa? We don't use soap on our suits anymore, but we don't always shower before the tub and in fact sometimes go in after exercise. We don't use a lot of lotions and potions, however. Is there anything else we should do? Is there any reason it would be bad to use foam inhibitor very often?

check your Calcium level.. it should be between 200-250ppm.. if lower then bring it up.. the harder the water the less it will foam. also a small amount of foam is acceptable but it should not build up higher then and inch nor stay after the jets are turned off for more then a minuite.