Pacific Spas Vs Costco Tubs.

tubostuff

Saskman and Duck_Man both have pointed out some great reasons why Pacific Spas have Costco tubs beat hands down. First, there's the guts of the tub. The Pacific spas just look a lot bettter inside according to Duck_Man. Then there's the spare parts. With Pacific spas, you can just get the parts from the dealer who stocks up parts to repair the tub. With Costco, you have to call the hot tub factory and Saskman has pointed out that it takes 10 days for the part to be shipped to you and then they send a bill for the part as well. If you are sitting on the fence, trying to decide which tub to buy, you should tip over to the Pacific side and get their tub.

Dont you mean Mexican made :D

I kid I kid

I've asked that this thread be closed since it does nothing but flame the board

What can possibly be inflammatory about spare parts and the appearance of the tub internals? These are both legitimate points of discussion. What is wrong with you people, anyway?

Saskman and Duck_Man both have pointed out some great reasons why Pacific Spas have Costco tubs beat hands down. First, there's the guts of the tub. The Pacific spas just look a lot bettter inside according to Duck_Man. Then there's the spare parts. With Pacific spas, you can just get the parts from the dealer who stocks up parts to repair the tub. With Costco, you have to call the hot tub factory and Saskman has pointed out that it takes 10 days for the part to be shipped to you and then they send a bill for the part as well. If you are sitting on the fence, trying to decide which tub to buy, you should tip over to the Pacific side and get their tub.

The guts Looks a lot better...is that really a valid reason?? When Hydrospa send you the part the send a return pre paid UPS mailing label to affix to the box they shipped so you can return the defective part. You have 30 days to return the part or they charge your card. The only time its turns into a bill is if you fail to return the defective part. I guess its a way of making sure people stay honest and I feel a reasonable request. I guess since I live here in Florida I cant relate to the 10 days to get parts....but I guess thats just a benny of living in the Sunshine state where Hydrospa is located.

Tubo I sure would like to see a pic of your Pacific...have you posted it already and I missed it??

I don't recall ever specifically highly recommending a Pacific over any others - I just thought after talking to a few people that it was a solid Canadian-built tub (and there are very few Mexicans up here so it's probably not made by cheap Mexican labor:)

I returned my piece of garbage HydroSpa to Costco today.

After talking to the dealers and seeing the spas I'm leaning towards Artesian. Yesterday I liked the Beachcomber 720 - especially the sound system. Now I want the Artesian. I kind of liked the Jacuzzi on Friday but it was nothing special. Good, but not great. I'm confused. Sundance was underwhelming for the money. The only D1 dealer in town is a company I swore I'd never again do business with after my experience with household appliances there - plus they're WAY overpriced - here in Calgary, anyway.

At this point the dealer makes up just as much of my choice as the tub and the price. This is after realizing what it's like to spend ALL my free time taking apart, fixing and putting back together MYSELF a brand new spa that's UNDER WARRANTY. I've met a lot of cheesy stereotypical scumbag sales guys trying to sell me a line of bullcrap, and I've met some really good, honest guys, with valid reasons why they prefer what they do.

Tomorrow I will probably go buy the Artesian Gold class Opal with all the goodies. I like the dealer and I like the tub - even if it IS built in the US. I hope it's better than your cars! :)

duck_man

With my selection of a new tub a good chunk was based on the dealer. Based on dealer rep alone there was only 2 options. Some delears may have been good but were not enough into it to make me fell good about them. Some dealers with nice tubs eliminated themselves. One guy remembered a sale that is not posted on any of his tubs on my third visit. This was a manufactureres incentive deal. Makes me wonder how many people bought tubs where he forgot this. Bad man :angry:

I don't recall ever specifically highly recommending a Pacific over any others - I just thought after talking to a few people that it was a solid Canadian-built tub (and there are very few Mexicans up here so it's probably not made by cheap Mexican labor:)

I returned my piece of garbage HydroSpa to Costco today.

After talking to the dealers and seeing the spas I'm leaning towards Artesian. Yesterday I liked the Beachcomber 720 - especially the sound system. Now I want the Artesian. I kind of liked the Jacuzzi on Friday but it was nothing special. Good, but not great. I'm confused. Sundance was underwhelming for the money. The only D1 dealer in town is a company I swore I'd never again do business with after my experience with household appliances there - plus they're WAY overpriced - here in Calgary, anyway.

At this point the dealer makes up just as much of my choice as the tub and the price. This is after realizing what it's like to spend ALL my free time taking apart, fixing and putting back together MYSELF a brand new spa that's UNDER WARRANTY. I've met a lot of cheesy stereotypical scumbag sales guys trying to sell me a line of bullcrap, and I've met some really good, honest guys, with valid reasons why they prefer what they do.

Tomorrow I will probably go buy the Artesian Gold class Opal with all the goodies. I like the dealer and I like the tub - even if it IS built in the US. I hope it's better than your cars! :)

duck_man

Great insights duck_Man. Thank goodness you've finally come to your senses and seen the light. You buy a hot tub at Costco and it's a broken-down piece of junk and what do you do then? No hot tubbin...no sir. Instead, you have to go through the endless round-and-round on the phone, wait for the parts, deal with the surly customer service reps, and the incompetent repair techs, all the while with no hot tub even though you paid for one. Now, with a good dealer, the dealer will 'deal' (heh) with the service issues that come up and you will be free to enjoy what you are paying for in the first place...hot tubbing. Sure, you might save the thousands of dollars on the costco tub but you will be getting a lesser-quality tub with no dealer support. Is it really worth it? The answer is obvious. It's great that you were able to return the tub to Costco and get y our money back. I don't see how Costco even stays in business selling a lot of flashy junk at an apparent good price and then having to refund the money when the customer returns the trashware. Well, you're done with that. Your hot tub journey starts today! I can't tell you what tub I like the best or the moderators will delete my post like they did the last 10 or so. Otherwise, I would. Good luck!!