Fo Rrob W And Marquis Hp

Rob,

Actually the 1.5 Hp motors are only on the 110 spas. The 240 spas use 2.5 and 3.o HP motors. But as it has been pointed out GPM are really the only thing that matters and thats why Marquis sticks to quoting it.

Thanks for the info. I was basing my information on the Quest model I had looked at. It was a floor model that the salesperson said had the upgraded motor (240V MP160) and the label on the motor said 1.5HP. That model spa comes stock with the 120V HP120. Either she was wrong or the motor was mis-labeled or??? When I inquired about what HP motors the Marquis spas used the owner came over and acted like he didn't want to tell me (that's why I had to look myself). He also said they come unlabeled and he could put any label on it he wanted (with a sly smirk). I think what he was eluding to is that any spa dealer could do that so reading the label might not be meaningful? That comment was a little arrogant and condescending and turned me off a bit. From what I read on the label, plus his evading the question made me assume they used 1.5HP motors.

BTW, I guess I really got off on the right foot here, eh? My very first thread gets shut down, whammo! :rolleyes:

Rob,

Actually the 1.5 Hp motors are only on the 110 spas. The 240 spas use 2.5 and 3.o HP motors. But as it has been pointed out GPM are really the only thing that matters and thats why Marquis sticks to quoting it.

Thanks for the info. I was basing my information on the Quest model I had looked at. It was a floor model that the salesperson said had the upgraded motor (240V MP160) and the label on the motor said 1.5HP. That model spa comes stock with the 120V HP120. Either she was wrong or the motor was mis-labeled or??? When I inquired about what HP motors the Marquis spas used the owner came over and acted like he didn't want to tell me (that's why I had to look myself). He also said they come unlabeled and he could put any label on it he wanted (with a sly smirk). I think what he was eluding to is that any spa dealer could do that so reading the label might not be meaningful? That comment was a little arrogant and condescending and turned me off a bit. From what I read on the label, plus his evading the question made me assume they used 1.5HP motors.

BTW, I guess I really got off on the right foot here, eh? My very first thread gets shut down, whammo! :rolleyes:

I wasn't there to hear it and I'm not sure why he would even say it (even if joking) but it seems odd to say that the pumps would come unlabeled and he labels them. I gues he's right in a way that anyone could relabel a pump to mislead but that would be fraudulent and lets hope that doesn't really hapepen with mainstream spa dealers. It sounds like the salesperson simply assumed it was upgraded already but it wasn't. If you go that route just make sure the invoice clearly states it's to have the upgraded pump so there isn't any discussion after the fact of what was verbally promised and then after you recieve it you can verify it yourself for piece of mind.