Current Pricing (cost/quotes) For Hot Springs Spas

I'm a person who's been looking at hot tub options for a while.

While in the past I've indicated a preliminary decision which favors ARCTIC SPA

-- specifically a LEGEND FRONTIER model --

a few developments have caused me to pause and consider.

Those of you who have followed the discussion of prices and options for ARCTIC

know that this is a high-priced option.

I'm having doubts (although trying to negotiate with a local rep) about whether this tub is a realistic purchase for me.

Those of you who have read my note concerning pricing at Jacuzzi will have seen that my first impression favored ARCTIC

but I'm going to WET TEST AGAIN as so many of the (older?) (wiser?) contributors to this forum have suggested.

I've begun a new topic here since I am going to include Hot Springs in my second round of WET TEST Evaluations.

The reasons are :

1 - Highly Favorable Remarks from new and old time owners.

2 - Extremely strong dealership presence in my area.

3 - Price points.

=====

I will post specific model pricing from my local dealer within 48 hours

but wanted to start this thread immediately as I got an indication today that they ( my local dealer )

will soon commence their largest promotional pricing campaign of the summer.

As I was asking about the pricing of the VISTA at the time,

I was told that what was "selling today for $14,000 might be reduced to $12,000 by the weekend."

These figures are Canadian dollars as I am located in Ontario.

My dealer is one of the larger pool & spa retailers in Ontario -- 13 locations from Barrie to Chatham to Kingston.

I will know tomorrow whether this promotion is strictly limited to one store or the whole chain.

=====

As I have done in each case where I have shared specific cost and quote information,

I am actively soliciting others to share their recent costs and/or quotes

so that anyone else interested in the HOT SPRINGS product can benefit from the data.

In addition, I'm hoping that any recent ( or not so recent ) HOT SPRINGS buyers

can weigh in with any advice on options they now find indispensable

(whether they wanted them specifically or if they were bundled)

or if anything they specifically ordered has not proven to match value for the cost.

/ Thanks for listening and/or contributing to this discussion !

I'm a person who's been looking at hot tub options for a while.

While in the past I've indicated a preliminary decision which favors ARCTIC SPA

-- specifically a LEGEND FRONTIER model --

a few developments have caused me to pause and consider.

Those of you who have followed the discussion of prices and options for ARCTIC

know that this is a high-priced option.

I'm having doubts (although trying to negotiate with a local rep) about whether this tub is a realistic purchase for me.

Those of you who have read my note concerning pricing at Jacuzzi will have seen that my first impression favored ARCTIC

but I'm going to WET TEST AGAIN as so many of the (older?) (wiser?) contributors to this forum have suggested.

I've begun a new topic here since I am going to include Hot Springs in my second round of WET TEST Evaluations.

The reasons are :

1 - Highly Favorable Remarks from new and old time owners.

2 - Extremely strong dealership presence in my area.

3 - Price points.

=====

I will post specific model pricing from my local dealer within 48 hours

but wanted to start this thread immediately as I got an indication today that they ( my local dealer )

will soon commence their largest promotional pricing campaign of the summer.

As I was asking about the pricing of the VISTA at the time,

I was told that what was "selling today for $14,000 might be reduced to $12,000 by the weekend."

These figures are Canadian dollars as I am located in Ontario.

My dealer is one of the larger pool & spa retailers in Ontario -- 13 locations from Barrie to Chatham to Kingston.

I will know tomorrow whether this promotion is strictly limited to one store or the whole chain.

=====

As I have done in each case where I have shared specific cost and quote information,

I am actively soliciting others to share their recent costs and/or quotes

so that anyone else interested in the HOT SPRINGS product can benefit from the data.

In addition, I'm hoping that any recent ( or not so recent ) HOT SPRINGS buyers

can weigh in with any advice on options they now find indispensable

(whether they wanted them specifically or if they were bundled)

or if anything they specifically ordered has not proven to match value for the cost.

/ Thanks for listening and/or contributing to this discussion !

If you take the time to go out and ask everybody you know, you will find that all of those spas you think are so good are junk.

So, if you are going to buy junk anyway, why spend so much money for it. Go to Costco and buy the same quality or better for about $4,000 to $6,000 savings.

Really, get smart and start asking people everywere, your boss, your freinds, your employees, co workers, church members, and any friends and find out what their real spa experience is.

This site is full of sales people pretending to be spa owners, incase you have not figured that out yet.

Wake up! :blink:

For the record, my current agreement is never to respond directly to JIM

and I encourage others to take this approach.

Looking forward to the day he will make that promise again and -- this time -- keep it !

... This is my last day on this board.

I am a retired software architect looking to buy a hot tub and thankful

to the many helpful people on this board who are assisting in my efforts.

I appreciate all constructive feedback and input.

I will post pictures shortly of the site for my spa since I have found similar posts from other new buyers

AND experienced owners very helpful.

On the off-topic rants here :

I will be reporting JIM (again) as I find it personally offensive that he has publicly called me a liar.

WARNING TO VISITORS - you may feel dizzy if you read more of Jim's posts...

When you stand for good and the truth, just as it states in the Bible, people will dispise you.

Wicked people always dispise those of us who are trying to follow the truth.

He's feeling particularly persecuted tonight (!)

Looking forward to the day he will make that promise again and -- this time -- keep it !

So, you have shown the world that you are just another of these people faking to be a spa shopper and seeding this forum with lies.

If you go to our site and read about spa forums you will understand. Bogus. html

Normally , I would watch One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest but I just read it!!

So, you have shown the world that you are just another of these people faking to be a spa shopper and seeding this forum with lies.

If you go to our site and read about spa forums you will understand. Bogus. html

Just like I said the forum is full of sales people seeding the board with confusing garbage. Another one just signed up and using a new name.

Once again. If you are going to buy junk for $8 to 10K or more, why not go buy junk from Costco and save from $4K to $6 k.

Ask all of your friends and associates, church members, employees, co workers what their hot tub experience is and you will find a lot of dissapointment.

If you are going to be disappointed, saving $4,000 to $6,000 is a better way to go.

LOL - Thanks for some humour as I watch my topic go down in "JIM Flames" (!)

ADVICE FOR NEWCOMERS -- Jim often takes a playful tone...

Vinyl lined hot tub?? Are you an idiot!

LOL - Thanks for some humour as I watch my topic go down in "JIM Flames" (!)

ADVICE FOR NEWCOMERS -- Jim often takes a playful tone...

Vinyl lined hot tub?? Are you an idiot!

This guy Roger knows almost nothing about spas. Yet he tells a poor forum poster to buy a vinyl lined hot tub.

Have you ever seen a vinly lined hot tub after a few years? It leaks. It cannot withstand the expansion and contraction around the jets. No, spa professional of any education would recommend a vinyl lined spa.

A cool vinyl lined swimming pool with four openings for skimmer, suction, and outlets is a different thing.

Just like I said the forum is full of sales people seeding the board with confusing garbage. Another one just signed up and using a new name.

I wish I was a sales person; it would have saved me several thousand on my spa purchase. If you took the time to do your research, you would have realized that I have not seeded this forum with "confusing garbage". I don't know jack when it comes to information about different brands of hot tubs but I'm smart enough to keep my mouth shut and not ramble on and go off on tangents. I personally find your version of reality entertaining but I fear some people reading your ramblings may take you seriously...who am I kinding no-one would take you seriously!!!

Pioneer and club pro have a very good rep since they have all the franchises in Ontario Que and some stores in NY. I think you will get the best service out of the Oakville store since that is where the owner of the chain has his office. I have dealt with them for other things so I recommend Pioneer as a good company to deal with for what its worth.

Thanks PATHFINDER...

I'm going to repost your comments at the new home for this topic...

Pioneer IS the chain I was referring to regarding sales promotion pricing --

I'll have more on that tomorrow !

/ Thanks for your input

ALL OTHERS

We've moved to the link above (!)