New Ag Pool (demo)

nic

We are lookin to add an above ground pool to our yard this year and can get a very decent deal on a demo model the store has on display. The pool is presently on display and is filled. The salesmen said they would dismantle it and store it and keep the liner in water with some anti alge chems to keep mold away and to keep the liner from drying out.

I thought this was great. And so did some others on this other forum a frequent. But one person did say that they wouldn't buy that pool unless they gave us a new unused liner. He stated once we put the liner back in the pool we would never get it to fit right and there would be wrinkles. I thought about it and it sounds true enough. Id have to line up the filter and hose cut outs just right. Its a beaded liner.

Any one else ever done this and how did you make out?

Thanks

Hello Are you having them install the pool for you???? If your doing it yourself then get a new liner period. We purchased a display model and they gave us a new liner. We decided to install it ourselfs and believe me it's plenty hard enough without worring about lining holes up. Just my .02$

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

We are lookin to add an above ground pool to our yard this year and can get a very decent deal on a demo model the store has on display. The pool is presently on display and is filled. The salesmen said they would dismantle it and store it and keep the liner in water with some anti alge chems to keep mold away and to keep the liner from drying out.

I thought this was great. And so did some others on this other forum a frequent. But one person did say that they wouldn't buy that pool unless they gave us a new unused liner. He stated once we put the liner back in the pool we would never get it to fit right and there would be wrinkles. I thought about it and it sounds true enough. Id have to line up the filter and hose cut outs just right. Its a beaded liner.

Thanks

Nic,

This one is "no brainer"......get a new liner! THe old one is hard to get to line up & high probability of wrinkles. It makes wme question the dealer><?><?<?

Thanks

I installed a useed pool that I bouhgt out of the paper for 150.00 dollars 13 years ago. I just took it down last month before it had a chance to blow apart. It was my first pool install and I think it would be almost impossible for the average home owner to get the liner in wrinkle free. I had plenty of wrinkles in mine. Since I paid less than 200 for the pool it didn't bother me so much. I also didn't expect to get 13 years out of a pool that was 7 years old already. If your install is not at the exact same level of slightly deeper than the stores set up you will get wrinkles no matter what you do due to the depth difference. i would go for a new liner.

If it ever quits raining I will be installing my new pool and I think it will be much easier to get the liner in wrinkle free.