D1 Nautilus V Sundance Chelsee V Jacuzzi 385

mjp

2007 D1 Nautilus $8185 (stock)

2007 Sundance Chelsee $7600 (stock with waterfall lights etc no stereo)

2006 Jacuzzi 385 $8800 (w/ stereo, lcd lights 2 water falls cd ozone loaded)

I need a large tub for the family. Don't need a stereo or water fall or a lounger or a light show. But I want a good quality tub for a fair price. Each dealer has been here for years and have no doubt that they will be here for many more to come so service should not be an issue. Have wet tested and there is no great difference between them. Thus this may come down to price. The Jacuzzi dealer wants to move the old model off of the floor but the stereo seems to have put that one out of reach moneywise. Do I have any room to negotiate price with these guys? I intend to give each of them one last shot at giving me their last-best deal. Your thoughts please.

2007 D1 Nautilus $8185 (stock)

2007 Sundance Chelsee $7600 (stock with waterfall lights etc no stereo)

2006 Jacuzzi 385 $8800 (w/ stereo, lcd lights 2 water falls cd ozone loaded)

I need a large tub for the family. Don't need a stereo or water fall or a lounger or a light show. But I want a good quality tub for a fair price. Each dealer has been here for years and have no doubt that they will be here for many more to come so service should not be an issue. Have wet tested and there is no great difference between them. Thus this may come down to price. The Jacuzzi dealer wants to move the old model off of the floor but the stereo seems to have put that one out of reach moneywise. Do I have any room to negotiate price with these guys? I intend to give each of them one last shot at giving me their last-best deal. Your thoughts please.

Those are very poor values for you. You need to keep on doing research.

Jacuzzi is in a terrble condition, financially and they are making some real crap these days. D1 has never made a quality product, ever.

You need to go to the "Economy Spa" thread and soak that in. The stuff at Costco is better than that junk.

MJP,

I recently made a decision between the same three spas. In my opinion, all were very good and quality spa's.

I chose the D1 (albeit the Chairman II at the last minute, and with the option to swap to the Nautilus if I really don't like the Chairman II)

My reasons for choosing the D1 were:

1. Previous owner. That spa is now 13 years old and still being used frequently by a friend.

2. Most comfortable for my wife (short) and me (tall). Best feeling and most flexible jets.

3. Availability of Alpine white Ultralife surface. I had this in my last one and it wears like iron, is flexible and comes with a lifetime warranty. I also find it more comfortable than the acrylics.

4. Very good local dealer - 25 years in business. High volume D1 dealer

5. Slightly better overall build quality.

This is why I ultimately chose the D1.

That said but there are some features that I prefer on the Sundance/Jacuzzi - namely the sealed bottom and the look of the granite/walnut siding on the Sundance/Jacuzzi.

All three have good ingress/egress which is important with a lot of people using it. All have nice jet/seat options.

Mine will be installed next week, and I'm looking forward to getting back into a spa.

I wouldn't just go for price. If you view all the spas as interchangeable for you...then go for the one with the best dealer. Spa's like this will last a long time, but will have problems over time, since they are somewhat complex electrical systems that are surrounded by water and vibrate a bit while in use...;-)

Good Luck with your choice and enjoy

Dave

MJP,

I recently made a decision between the same three spas. In my opinion, all were very good and quality spa's.

I chose the D1 (albeit the Chairman II at the last minute, and with the option to swap to the Nautilus if I really don't like the Chairman II)

1. Previous owner. That spa is now 13 years old and still being used frequently by a friend.

2. Most comfortable for my wife (short) and me (tall). Best feeling and most flexible jets.

3. Availability of Alpine white Ultralife surface. I had this in my last one and it wears like iron, is flexible and comes with a lifetime warranty. I also find it more comfortable than the acrylics.

That said but there are some features that I prefer on the Sundance/Jacuzzi - namely the sealed bottom and the look of the granite/walnut siding on the Sundance/Jacuzzi.

All three have good ingress/egress which is important with a lot of people using it. All have nice jet/seat options.

Mine will be installed next week, and I'm looking forward to getting back into a spa.

I wouldn't just go for price. If you view all the spas as interchangeable for you...then go for the one with the best dealer. Spa's like this will last a long time, but will have problems over time, since they are somewhat complex electrical systems that are surrounded by water and vibrate a bit while in use...;-)

Dave

MJP,

Dave

Thanks Dave. Great reply. Instead of price I should have used "value for the dollar". You usually get what you pay for. All three choices are quality spas and sold by well established retailers. So I probably can't go wrong with any of them. Just doing a bit of a price check and looking for input like yours. Thanks again.

By the way, who is this Jim the Jim goober? I guess when you ask the world for an opinion you're bound to get something like that.

Anybody other than Jim the Jim have a thought? Thanks.

Cheers!

MJP,

Dave

Thanks Dave. Great reply. Instead of price I should have used "value for the dollar". You usually get what you pay for. All three choices are quality spas and sold by well established retailers. So I probably can't go wrong with any of them. Just doing a bit of a price check and looking for input like yours. Thanks again.

By the way, who is this Jim the Jim goober? I guess when you ask the world for an opinion you're bound to get something like that.

Cheers!

MJP,

Dave

Cheers!

Just remember what I told you. I get a lot of apologies from people after a few years of owing these disappointments.

Just remember what I told you. I get a lot of apologies from people after a few years of owing these disappointments.

Jim also gets alot of laughs. Goober, I like that. Jim is of the opinion that all brands are junk except the ones he buys, butchers and resells for triple the original cost. And you have just seen his sales tactics up close and personal!

Dimension One makes a product with a proven track record for longevity and customer satisfaction. They are great looking tubs, great functioning tubs and one of the quietest and energy effiecient in the industry. But ultimatly you are going to have to let your backside decide and your confidence in the dealer whatever brand you decide on.

I am leaning toward the D1 Nautilus. $8185 with cover, lifter, step, chemicals, Vision(mineral based bacteria fighter), delivery and dealer will haul away old Cal Spa. No stereo and no light show. Fair deal? What did you pay for yours? Thanks for your input.

I am leaning toward the D1 Nautilus. $8185 with cover, lifter, step, chemicals, Vision(mineral based bacteria fighter), delivery and dealer will haul away old Cal Spa. No stereo and no light show. Fair deal? What did you pay for yours? Thanks for your input.

Just so you know i'm a Hydropool Dealer In my opinion your best bet will be the sundance then the D1 sundance has always been one of the leaders in the industry...

PS www.hydropoolhottubs.com :rolleyes:

MJP,

Sounds like you're getting a good deal.

The Nautilus was 8k during the Memorial Day sale and the Chairman II was 9k. Same features (ie no LFX - which I didn't want), but no haul away....my friend gladly did that for a free spa when we moved a couple of years ago...;-)

Good luck.

Dave

Welcome to the board, MJP.

Hopefully you will get some good advice to help you along the way. I don't have any specific information about the tubs you mention, but they seem to have good reputations and are in the top tier of tubs based on what I hear. I'm an owner who is on my second Hot Spring tub. First one was 13 years old and I just got the new one last November. I like Hot Spring a lot. :P

Just so you know, Jim-the-Jim is our version that wacky uncle that shows up for the BBQ. He generally says the same thing over and over and derides anyone who doesn't accept his "truths" as gospel. He seems to hate Hot Spring, Jacuzzi and Sundance the most, and apparently, in that order. (He must have been spanked with a HotSpring spa pillow as a child) And don't get him started on full-foam insulation. It's not pretty. But I guess he's our "Goober", a part of the decor and entertaining on occasion.

The Costco recommendations have been a recent addition to his repertoire. I suspect that he does it, not because he especially likes the tubs at Costco, but because he thinks it irritates the sales people here. It's kinda funny.

Good luck with the search and hope to see you around.

Rich