Clearwater Spas

I was wondering if anyone had any experiences with Clearwater. They seem to be a really well constructed tub with a solid philosophy backing it up...

I dont like that philisophical word but I'll check it out and let you know what my experience is.

I dont like that philisophical word but I'll check it out and let you know what my experience is.

I absolutely love the idea!!! 1st gavalume steel 2nd. thermal pain 3rd supports underneath 4th alot of jets but I dont like how they are small. I would rather have less big ones for a soothing and relaxing message. I love the philosiphy and the design. Thanks

I absolutely love the idea!!! 1st gavalume steel 2nd. thermal pain 3rd supports underneath 4th alot of jets but I dont like how they are small. I would rather have less big ones for a soothing and relaxing message. I love the philosiphy and the design. Thanks

I really haven't heard too much about them but they sound similar to Master, Coleman and a few of other similar spa brands out there that often seem to mirror each other. Get the know the dealer to assure yourself a comfort level that they'll be around to service your needs.

I was wondering if anyone had any experiences with Clearwater. They seem to be a really well constructed tub with a solid philosophy backing it up...

I saw them in Atlantic City, lots of jets, huge pumps to power them, no insulation, I asked the salesman how much it would cost to run, his reply, "If you buy this spa you don't care how much it cost to run". It required 50 amps just to run the pumps, there was no power left for the heater. I was not impressed.

I am very familiar with this brand. I work out of the showroom in Woodinville,WA where they are manufactured. It's not a huge company in comparison to most of the brands mentioned regularly in here but they have been expanding tremendously in spite of the economy and have been in business for 30 years. There are many dealers throughout the United States and in Europe and other countries as well. I feel it is extremely well built and absolutely DOES have insulation. That previous statement was false. I'll respond because someone asked specifically about the brand Clearwater.

As for jets... there is a wide variety of jets available in each spa... many different sizes and "feels" to them being fully adjustable. Brulan was right once again about the galvanized steel framing...with the weight of the spa not resting on the frame itself, reflective thermal barrier insulation, and the supports are plastic along with the bottom. There is no fiberglass in the construction of the shell or the bottom.

Regarding the remark made from a "salesperson" in Antlanta about the cost of running... I hate it when that happens! He must not have known the answer. Average around here with 6.7 cents per k. is from $12-$20 with keeping the spa at 101 degrees in an ambient air temperature of 54 degrees using the spa 3 times/ wk for 20 minutes each time... keeping the cover on the rest of the duration. The last time this was tested, a 3 1/2" cover was used... the covers now are thicker.

Spa tech is right about getting a reputable dealer... that goes for ANY brand! Comparing to Master spas is almost apples to oranges. There are MANY differences. Comparing to Coleman is much more similar exept you don't have to register your warranty with Clearwater, the plastic pillar supports are more of the structural support instead of the frame, steel reinforcement in the shell, and Clearwater hasn't bought other companies to make their own. 10 years longer in the spa business with the same owner the entire time. Clearwater has been around a very long time with a very good reputation and getting better everyday. If a lot of the folks in here haven't heard of them yet... they will.

I think it is funny that I've been posting with for quite a while now and many regulars didn't know I was associated with that brand. I guess I've done well not being biased or promoting my brand over others. If you have specific questions about it, I'd be happy to help you. Feel free to message me directly. I don't want to break any forum rules in "promoting" a particular brand that I have an association with.

HotnWet... do you sell D1 spas?

I think it is funny that I've been posting with for quite a while now and many regulars didn't know I was associated with that brand. I guess I've done well not being biased or promoting my brand over others. If you have specific questions about it, I'd be happy to help you. Feel free to message me directly. I don't want to break any forum rules in "promoting" a particular brand that I have an association with.

As a matter of fact I do. Very inisghtful of you Amanda, I also sell Marquis. We just picked up Clearwater and I'm thinking we're going to drop the everyday line Marquis produces. People can take one look at both spas and without hesitation chooses Clearwater. Compare looks, jetting, and warranty Clearwater has a distinct edge over the everyday models but THEY'RE AT THE SAME PRICEPOINT!!! My largest objection has been price. D1 and Marquis are some of the most expensive tubs on the market and clearwater is a superb alternative.

I saw them in Atlantic City, lots of jets, huge pumps to power them, no insulation, I asked the salesman how much it would cost to run, his reply, "If you buy this spa you don't care how much it cost to run". It required 50 amps just to run the pumps, there was no power left for the heater. I was not impressed.

May I add " In my humble opinion"

As a matter of fact I do. Very inisghtful of you Amanda, I also sell Marquis. We just picked up Clearwater and I'm thinking we're going to drop the everyday line Marquis produces. People can take one look at both spas and without hesitation chooses Clearwater. Compare looks, jetting, and warranty Clearwater has a distinct edge over the everyday models but THEY'RE AT THE SAME PRICEPOINT!!! My largest objection has been price. D1 and Marquis are some of the most expensive tubs on the market and clearwater is a superb alternative.

OH MY GOSH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You sell marquis, d-1, and clearwater on the same floor. how do you do it?

clearwater literature tears down the whole story behind marquis and d-1

OH MY GOSH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You sell marquis, d-1, and clearwater on the same floor. how do you do it?

clearwater literature tears down the whole story behind marquis and d-1

Very carefully. Opening questions are vital. If a customer wants a lounge and conformed seating it's instantly D1 and Clearwater. If they want a more opened concept hot tub it's Marquis. Of course, for me to make more money I would prefer to sell a Serena Bay over a Clearwater, but if price is the issue the average consumer sees a comparably flashy tub in the clearwater with a "different philosophy" behind the construction and insulation. Clearwater was brought in to be our pricepoint killer but after setting a few up I could see them morphing into our best seller. The biggest thing is the jetting. No matter how many times you beat into a consumers head the Marquis philosophy and high flow, they still notice the limited jetting. Now they don't have to shop around, I've got their tub.

Very carefully. Opening questions are vital. If a customer wants a lounge and conformed seating it's instantly D1 and Clearwater. If they want a more opened concept hot tub it's Marquis. Of course, for me to make more money I would prefer to sell a Serena Bay over a Clearwater, but if price is the issue the average consumer sees a comparably flashy tub in the clearwater with a "different philosophy" behind the construction and insulation. Clearwater was brought in to be our pricepoint killer but after setting a few up I could see them morphing into our best seller. The biggest thing is the jetting. No matter how many times you beat into a consumers head the Marquis philosophy and high flow, they still notice the limited jetting. Now they don't have to shop around, I've got their tub.

What do your dealers think about the idea? I know that I wouldn't have as good of a relationship with Coleman if I carried other lines. I wouldn't get a big credit with them. I think having a good relationship with one dealer is key. Its better to have 3 close friends than 100 distant ones. God forbid one dealer drops you because you arent selling enough and the customers are left out on there own high and dry.

What do your dealers think about the idea? I know that I wouldn't have as good of a relationship with Coleman if I carried other lines. I wouldn't get a big credit with them. I think having a good relationship with one dealer is key. Its better to have 3 close friends than 100 distant ones. God forbid one dealer drops you because you arent selling enough and the customers are left out on there own high and dry.

We have two giant showrooms, one in green bay and one in appleton. The dealers absolutely love us. D1 has been knocking on our door for four years and we finally took them on 2 years ago. Dealing with the most expensive brands is nice because quality is not an issue, but when someone only has 6000 and they want a nice looking spa where do you go? The competition. But not anymore, and if any of my reps have an issue with it, my point will be just that.

Average around here with 6.7 cents per k. is from $12-$20 with keeping the spa at 101 degrees in an ambient air temperature of 54 degrees using the spa 3 times/ wk for 20 minutes each time... keeping the cover on the rest of the duration. The last time this was tested, a 3 1/2" cover was used... the covers now are thicker.

How was it tested? Who tested it? How many KWH per month?

We have two giant showrooms, one in green bay and one in appleton. The dealers absolutely love us. D1 has been knocking on our door for four years and we finally took them on 2 years ago. Dealing with the most expensive brands is nice because quality is not an issue, but when someone only has 6000 and they want a nice looking spa where do you go? The competition. But not anymore, and if any of my reps have an issue with it, my point will be just that.

Since we're in the Clearwater thread I'm wondering if there is anything different between the Clearwater spas you guys sell and the ones that are sold over the internet at Overstockspas (or whatever the site). I'm sure they have different names and labels but are the spas the same otherwise or do they market separate line to them?

May I add " In my humble opinion"

How funny Guzz! My humble opinion. I like that! ;)

How was it tested? Who tested it? How many KWH per month?

I know this is going to bring in some interesting comments from the regulars but it was tested at our manufacturing facility and monitored by an independant electrician (liscenced and bonded of course). I do not know the answer to the killowatts per month but I think it was somewhere around 199. I could be wrong on that.

Of course there are many people that think the testing that goes on at a company is biased or not going to hold up because it wasn't done by a third party. What I can say is that our factory has at least taken the time and invested the money to go over the spa with a fine tuned comb... REGULARLY, with experienced engineers who are very proud of the accomplishments that have been made.

I have read many topics that suggest there are no valid tests done by anyone... individual company OR third party. I guess the best way to really know.. is to get one in the back yard... n try it out. I explain these costs to everyone I speak with and in (approx) 4 years- I have NEVER had someone come back to me and say "hey, our electric bill went up more than you said it would." EVER! So, I'd say from my personal experience that those tests are pretty darned good.

I know, these are just words on the screen and there are plenty of sales people that will "feed you a line"... but I am not one of them. Check out the web site on how they are constructed... makes complete sense to me and many spa companies are doing more of what Clearwater has been doing for a long time.

I think that you will find that the Clearwater spa will meet a lot of needs at a very reasonable price considering the quality of construction. It's certainly a very good value in my opinion and built well as people have mentioned. I'll be interested to see how things turn out for you. It may be difficult to carry that many brands. You may find that one brand can offer all that you wish to provide folks with. For instance... you shared that you are just now providing the "Resort" series. Rythym series has spas without as much "bling bling" for those with more simple tastes. It very well may end up as the primary instead of the alternative.

I was never very technically minded prior to working with spas but have grown to love being near the factory and watching it all happen behind the curtains. I've learned a lot and i really enjoy studying the construction of as many spas as I can to really understand what is available to people. My only goal in being in this forum at all is to urge everyone to do the same. I hope that everyone can have as much fun as I have when learning about these amazingly artistic water-moving massagers.

I know.. I can sound cheesy at times... but it's true! :lol:

The way I see it, if you aren't enjoying the researching at a particular showroom... go somewhere else.

Since we're in the Clearwater thread I'm wondering if there is anything different between the Clearwater spas you guys sell and the ones that are sold over the internet at Overstockspas (or whatever the site). I'm sure they have different names and labels but are the spas the same otherwise or do they market separate line to them?

From what I understand (and I may understand incorrectly because I'm not directly involved with all of the dealers at the corporate level), I think the spas they offer are older models with different features. I know they have different names... I'll have to look into that. There are many dealers all over he US and out of this country as well... very hard for me to keep up with all of them. As "hot n wet" can attest, new dealers are coming aboard all the time.

From what I understand (and I may understand incorrectly because I'm not directly involved with all of the dealers at the corporate level), I think the spas they offer are older models with different features. I know they have different names... I'll have to look into that. There are many dealers all over he US and out of this country as well... very hard for me to keep up with all of them. As "hot n wet" can attest, new dealers are coming aboard all the time.

Actually, on the "Whats the best hottub" site that overstock website was being discussed and I see someone posted pictures of identical spas showing that they do sell the same spa under a different name and a Clearwater customer stated that his was the same as the internet version. I can't imagine it comes up too often with customers but it certainly could get sticky if a customer compared buying the same spa that way. If they have an issue with teh net spa does Clearwater expect the local guy to step in and help?

Actually, on the "Whats the best hottub" site that overstock website was being discussed and I see someone posted pictures of identical spas showing that they do sell the same spa under a different name and a Clearwater customer stated that his was the same as the internet version. I can't imagine it comes up too often with customers but it certainly could get sticky if a customer compared buying the same spa that way. If they have an issue with teh net spa does Clearwater expect the local guy to step in and help?

Your right some of the models that are advertised as Riptide spas are in their brochure and the specs are the same. Clearwater is now offering their spas to Aquatech dealers also so it will be interesting to see how they will handle warranty situations when they are distributing through so many different channels.

Your right some of the models that are advertised as Riptide spas are in their brochure and the specs are the same. Clearwater is now offering their spas to Aquatech dealers also so it will be interesting to see how they will handle warranty situations when they are distributing through so many different channels.

Now I'm confused. How did Riptide Spas (is the the spa brand?) or Aquatech (is that a dealer?) get into the picture?

Now I'm confused. How did Riptide Spas (is the the spa brand?) or Aquatech (is that a dealer?) get into the picture?

Aquatech is a buying group there are members all over the country and Clearwater spas is now selling to those members. The Riptide spas I was talking about are what Overstock spas is calling their line of spas.

Some of the Overstock models are identical to some of the Clearwater spas listed in their brochure.

Aquatech is a buying group there are members all over the country and Clearwater spas is now selling to those members. The Riptide spas I was talking about are what Overstock spas is calling their line of spas.

Some of the Overstock models are identical to some of the Clearwater spas listed in their brochure.

Does Aquatech sell them as Clearwater spas or are they sold as another brand altogether.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...

I am very familiar with this brand. I work out of the showroom in Woodinville,WA where they are manufactured. It's not a huge company in comparison to most of the brands mentioned regularly in here but they have been expanding tremendously in spite of the economy and have been in business for 30 years. There are many dealers throughout the United States and in Europe and other countries as well. I feel it is extremely well built and absolutely DOES have insulation. That previous statement was false. I'll respond because someone asked specifically about the brand Clearwater.

As for jets... there is a wide variety of jets available in each spa... many different sizes and "feels" to them being fully adjustable. Brulan was right once again about the galvanized steel framing...with the weight of the spa not resting on the frame itself, reflective thermal barrier insulation, and the supports are plastic along with the bottom. There is no fiberglass in the construction of the shell or the bottom.

Regarding the remark made from a "salesperson" in Antlanta about the cost of running... I hate it when that happens! He must not have known the answer. Average around here with 6.7 cents per k. is from $12-$20 with keeping the spa at 101 degrees in an ambient air temperature of 54 degrees using the spa 3 times/ wk for 20 minutes each time... keeping the cover on the rest of the duration. The last time this was tested, a 3 1/2" cover was used... the covers now are thicker.

Spa tech is right about getting a reputable dealer... that goes for ANY brand! Comparing to Master spas is almost apples to oranges. There are MANY differences. Comparing to Coleman is much more similar exept you don't have to register your warranty with Clearwater, the plastic pillar supports are more of the structural support instead of the frame, steel reinforcement in the shell, and Clearwater hasn't bought other companies to make their own. 10 years longer in the spa business with the same owner the entire time. Clearwater has been around a very long time with a very good reputation and getting better everyday. If a lot of the folks in here haven't heard of them yet... they will.

I liked the spa very much the only reasom we didn't get one is the Costco Platinum II devistated the priceing while useing the same insulation techniques, same brand of motors, same brand of spa pacs and manifold plumbing as well as the plastic base. The Costo spa was 3999. The closest clearwater was the 300 series with a lot less jets less pumps and also they wanted to charge for the fake wood panelling where Costco didnt and the 24 hour circ pump as well as the ozone. that said the Costco tub is almost as nice as the on sale ultrasage 9000 for 8k. No offense but the Westfeild mall store salesman got very rude when I directly compared the Costco elite spa to your brand......I had to laugh whe he said that the Costco tub had inferior pumps untill I showed him they are identicle rateing and same manufacturer as yours :o:o:o He even went so far to say the controller was less quality untill i showed him the specs from Costco with the Balboa spa pac. :blink: I told him he has a great product but to bash a competitor that he was missinformed about only made him look stupid and his product less appealing. and he then stated that the lifetime warranty I had on the plumbing, shell and base was only good for seven years in washington state. Wow, thats alot to believe and Hydrospa sure didn't back his story either. Anyhow, You have a great product but ethics could deffinately be better.