Con't Arctic Pure Filters/chemicals

Tom,

I use to use Arctic's filter and have since moved to rotating 2 pleated filters every other week for cleaning....What did you share with the other person in the PM that caused them to stop using Anti-Foam and Metal/Stain chemicals? I use the first ocassionally since we use the tub every other day w/ kids, and use the stain weekly as the pool dealer instructed....since I don't use my spa dealer anymore....

Thanks for sharing/repeating part of that thread again...i didn't see the "PM" details of it...the one where Bill, the sales rep helped....

Tom,

Thanks for sharing/repeating part of that thread again...i didn't see the "PM" details of it...the one where Bill, the sales rep helped....

Sure, Cub. The PM consisted of a comment from Bill, a quote from the Arctic owner's manual, and a quote from Micropure's sales materials. Here you go --

Bill's answer: According to Micropure, their filter will last as advertised under careful sanitation. With the bathers you have had in the last two weeks, that's a heavy load. When you changed filters, your water cleared up because the new filter took over and did some of the work normally handled by the sanitizer. Once you get your water back in balance, you should find that the Micropure filters give you reasonable performance, and will give you the benefit of not having to clean a pleated filter.

From the Arctic Spas Owner Manual, p. 28: "The use of Clarifiers and Foam Inhibitors is not recommended with Arctic Pure® Disposable Filters!"

The quote from Micropure (FWIW) was: "You do not have to wash or rinse a MicroPure filter...the filter also eliminates the need for certain chemicals: descummers, defoamers, clarifiers, flocculants, descalers, cleaners, mineral removers, enzymes.... The only chemicals required are: santitizers, pH control, shocks (oxidizers), alkalinity control. In our experience, the reduction of chemical usage is one of the top...features [of the product]."