First Time Buyer

Taddtx

This is all so confusing. I dont want to spend a hunk of cash and be unhappy. I have looked at a Leisure Bay Santo, 5K, 16 jets, 120v. Wife was with me, it was our first stop. So it gave a good first impression. Wasnt really considerring the higher priced models at that time. 5K was fine with me

So today i go and look at Sundance, the 800 series line. 2 pumps, 220v. I looked at the Cameo and Altamar. I could get an '06 Cameo, out the door for 8945. I can sure see the difference, WOW, the sundance camoe and altamar, are way above the Leisure Bay i looked at. Over twice the jets and pump motors.

I have read all kinds of reviews, and my gut says pay the extra $$ and get the Sundance. But the wife is thinking, its jsut the hot water that help the muscles and they all have the jets where you need them. And teh extra $$ is a waste.

Im just afraid that the Leisure Bay Santo that i looked is just hot water that bubles. This could probalby be said of all the low end models of the varous manufacturers.

Right now I am close to just forgetting this idea and buying new pool furniture, can fill the same space alot cheaper.

How can I justify the extra cost to the wife, or can I?

Without going into the whole what tub is better debate, have you wet tested both tubs yet? I would see what tub you find to be more comfortable. I think some people can get caught up in jet counts but it all comes down to quality of jets and how you like the way they feel. I personally tend to not use the jets at all or for like 5 or 10 min when I first get in and then perfer the quiet of no jets running. I would say do some reasearch and figure out what features you like and then decide if the extra bells and whistles are worth it.

Listen to your wife. The Sundance is not made that well these days. You can do better at Costco in my opinion.

http://www.soundclick.com/havenhead

I think he should just get the pool furniture ;)

Seriously, don't overthink this too much - the only way to pick a tub is to get in it, and pick the one you like the best. Within a price point, whatever price, the tubs will all have various differentiators that may or may not have any impact on their "feel". And in the end, you're buying two things - the "feel" and "trouble-free operation" for as long as possible. Some people toss in looks... but looks don't get the kinks out ;)

Figure out what you want to spend (before shopping, ideally!) then find the best feeling tub in that range, and buy it - that'd be my plan.

Taddtx,

Have the wife do a wet test and see and feel the difference. Go over the warrenties and honestly discuss quality, price, insulation, electrical costs, dealer support. Keep in mind that this is something that will (hopefully) be in your back yard that you enjoy for many, many years.

Folks are not blowing smoke up your butt here (Well, Ok Jim_the Jim is, but I think we all know where he's comming from). There is a difference in quality and product.