Peroxide

I am switching from Baquacil back to Chlorine. For the reasons discussed in other topics. My problem is not getting rid of the biguinide but the peroxide. My biguinide is only at 9 so that could be burned off quick but peroxide eats chlorine so I am wasting shock trying to burn out the bigunide. Any suggestions? My local pool place just said put the solar cover on it and wait...

Not only will the peroxide use up the chlorine, but so will the biguinide. The conversion process using chlorine is long (about a week) and very colorful with lots of goo to clean out of the filter. A faster process of conversion can be done by using Sodium Percarbonate which may be found at The Chemistry Store at this link. This is a stronger oxidizer and will make the conversion go faster and more directly. It's not cheap, however, but you'll only have to convert once. After the conversion, the percarbonate will not last very long and adding chlorine will consume it (and the chlorine) at which point additional chlorine will stay in the pool. So you have a choice and either way will work -- lots and lots of chlorine plus patience, or more expense and percarbonate.