Need Help--bleeding Air From System

Hello all! This is my 1st post and man do I need help!

My spa has air in the lines and I cannot figure out how to purge it.

The tech where I bought it said to open the garden hose valve (located next to the motor) repeatedly---but all that does is introduce more air in the system----it was supposed to blow out water and air, but no water comes out.

this unit does not have an air bleeder valve anywhere, so anyone got any ideas????

Thanks in advance---Capt. Chuck

Before you loosen the fitting between the hose coming from your pump to the heating unit, be sure you have either a really big channel lock or buy one of those adjustable strap wrenches (what I have). It should be easy to loosen it up enough to get the air (and a little water) out of the lines but you won't be able to hand-tighten it good enough to get a water-tight seal (trust me, I learned this the hard way and ended up losing half of my tub's water).

Once you've bled enough air out, tighten it back up and turn it on. If it still tells you there is air in there, kill the power again and open it back up. I had to do this about 3 times to get all of the air out completely. Don't feel too bad, it's not something that the spa salesman tells you about. I guess you just have to go through it once to figure it out.

FYI: The strap wrench I bought from Home Depot for $15 (clearance) looks like this:

strapwrench.jpg