Breaker kicking when I restart and turn on jets

I have an older model Four Winds spa, newer Balboa heater and controller. Recently I started getting random errors like over temp or DRY. So I assumed the probes were bad. I replaced those and after I powered back up, it kicked the breaker. I assumed I got it a little wet so I blew it off and reset. It powered up but was going crazy clicking and cycling through the display. I assumed I killed a fuse. So today I replaced all those. I restarted and it powered up ok but when pump 1 went to kick on, the breaker tripped. 

Anything I should check?

Disconnect the pump from the board and test for power coming off the board in each speed if a 2 speed. If you get correct power to each speed the you likely have a pump issue. 

On 4/26/2024 at 9:23 PM, gspivey79 said:

little wet

How little... If the board got wet then it might just need more time to dry

On 4/26/2024 at 9:23 PM, gspivey79 said:

I restarted and it powered up ok but when pump 1 went to kick on, the breaker tripped. 

are you sure it was pump 1 that was tripping the breaker and not the heater element kicking in at the same general time as the pump? Disconnect the heater from the board and try. Heater elements are the most common cause of a breaker tripping.

balboa-manualtroubleshootingandservice-reva-43-1024.thumb.jpg.37fc07272339d265f2e4c21b21e4477b.jpg

Bad heater or water on board somewhere likely for trip but back to the DRY code.  Could be low flow across the heater from obstructed pump, dirty filter, too many jets turned off, etc., or as stated above by CST, a non running pump.  The other possibility is that the heater relay is stuck on or has been sticking on after the pump shuts off or after the end of a call for heat causing the heater barrel temperature to reach the high limit.  If the relay failure is not repaired it can lead to an element short circuit i.e. GFCI trip as described above, or an open element i.e. no heat even though heat indicator is lit. 

SpaBoardDoctor