Adding Chlorine or Acid directling into Hot Tub, yes or no?

When I have been adding small amounts of Chlorine (1-3oz) or 31.45 % Muriatic acid (< 1oz), I have been adding them into a bucket of ≈2 gallons of hot tub water, mixing, then pouring slowly over jets on low. Is this overly cautious? Is it fine to just slowly pour these chemicals directly from the small measuring cup, dispersing over a wide area slowly w/o splashing?

I add liquid chlorine directly into my hot tub with the jets on high without issue. It is instantly mixed in with the larger volume of water. I also do that with dry acid but not sure about muriatic acid. Someone else in this group will know.

7 hours ago, Gebo said:

just add water to the 1/2 oz acid and

NO NO NO NO NO!!!!  ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS ADD ACID TO WATER. NOT THE OTHER WAY AROUND! If you ever had high school or college chemistry you learned this. Adding water to acid could cause it to splatter because of the heat generated. (This also applies to dry acid). Safety first!

https://sciencenotes.org/add-acid-to-water-or-water-to-acid/

https://support.al.umces.edu/safely-diluting-acids-and-bases/

The referral to strong acids in these articles is not talking about the concentration but it is referring to the group of acids that completely dissociate (give up all their hydrogen) in water as opposed to weak acids that do not completely dissociate.  There are 7 strong acids including sulfuric, nitric, and hydrochloric (aka Muriatic). All other acids are weak acids and include citric, acetic, oxalic, and hydrofluoric. Be aware that just because an acid is classified as weak does not mean it is not extremely caustic or dangerous.glacial acetic acid and hydorfluoric acid can cause severve burns and injuries.