aqualink rs6 issues

Hello everyone,

I hope you can suggest me something. Recently I moved to a house with a pool and we have Aqualink rs6 in the house. It used to run smoothly at night (it programmed to start the pump at 12 am every day for couple hours). I noticed recently that it randomly started to activate pump for the spa at different times, even though nobody uses the spa and it should be shut off.

The weirdest thing when I tried to turn off the spa in aqualink, it shows the sign that spa is shut off, but the red light is still on and it continues working the pump. The only way to shut it off is to go outside and change the mode from auto to service mode. Today at night it started the usual program for the pool, but after two hours it switched to spa mode again, and it was impossible to shut it off again. After a couple hours of being in service mode it seems to go back to pool mode. Did anyone face similar issues? 

Thank you

9 hours ago, waterbear said:

What is the ambient temperature outside and is freeze protection turned on?

I am in california, and the temperature is around 45-50 at night, and 60 during the day.  Actually I have no idea about freeze protection, everything was programmed and worked fine till this weekend

10 hours ago, Katebl said:

everything was programmed and worked fine till this weekend

My suggestion is to contact a Jandy dealer or pool professional who is familiar with the Jandy Aqualink automation and have it checked out. It could be many things causing this and if you are not familiar with the programming of the unit it is not a task I suggest you take on yourself.

Jandy does have an 800 support number on their website  800 822 7933 and a dealer locator

https://www.jandy.com/en/locator

14 hours ago, waterbear said:

My suggestion is to contact a Jandy dealer or pool professional who is familiar with the Jandy Aqualink automation and have it checked out. It could be many things causing this and if you are not familiar with the programming of the unit it is not a task I suggest you take on yourself.

Jandy does have an 800 support number on their website  800 822 7933 and a dealer locator

https://www.jandy.com/en/locator

Thank you