Masterspa low suction from circulation pump

Ross94

Hi,

We have a Masterspa Getaway 6 Hot Tub.

I am having issues suddenly with the circulation pump barely sucking water in, the system is separate to the jets which operate normally. When I remove the filter and feel down near the inlet there is a small amount of suction but nearly enough as usual, it is not enough to pull any dirty off the top of the water

Things I have tried;

running a hose pipe down the inlet hole

using a wet vac on the inlet hole

loosening the joint either side of the circulation pump, I couldn’t hear any air escape before the water came out

using a plunger on the hole

Nothing seems to make it any better, the pump is operating and is making the normal sound but severe lack of suction?

could anyone suggest anything else?

Thankyou - Ross

Is there a chance anything (kids toy, sponge, g string) got past the filters and down the hole?

At the bottom of the filter housing there should be a spring loaded flapper (Bypass valve) that is closed when the pump is on low speed and pulls water through the filter. When the pump is engaged in high speed the flapper opens and pulls the extra water need to supply the pump from the foot well suctions. The part that opens with the spring attached can break off

In both scenarios the "item" will get sucked into the face of the pump and restrict water flow. Remove the union at the face of the pump and collect your prize.

image.jpeg.980c016034b7b1ae6e534de0fd0e412b.jpeg