Arctic Spa Yukon, blower issue

The_Penguin

In the continuing saga of DIY guy fixing the money pit wonderful hot tub from Arctic.  I neglected to mention the new issue with the blower.

During the last major issue (flex hose fell off, controller board fried) after all was back and working, the blower was odd. Sounded different, and only a few of the outlets closest to the blower were bubbling.

My first thought was, not electrically connected properly, but I triple-checked it. Next was, another hose fell off.  Or failing blower. I was tired of dealing with it, so I thought, if it's not leaking, I don't care. Especially with the price of a replacement.  

But...  Something in the back of my mind (that's a scary place to visit) kept nagging me to check further. Mostly based on the sound. 

I'm starting a new project to add the hot tub to my home automation system.  Hot tub cabinet temperature, water temperature, heater on, pump 1 on, and leak detected. With alerts for low temp high temp, and leak.  I plan to pull power to the device (ESP 32, for anyone who cares) from the controller board. That got me thinking again about the connections. 

So today, while I was chlorinating and had 20 minutes to kill, I thought I'd pull an access panel, shove my phone in, and take a picture of the label on the blower.

Well, wtAf? The label says 230V 1 phase.  Dangit!  The diagram on the controller clearly says 120v and shows the connector numbers. Which I followed faithfully. 1 to neutral, and one to the blower output terminal. What's really odd, the last time  I removed/repaired/replaced the controller the blower was fine.  So, I moved a connector from neutral to Line 2 and shazam. The blower is just fine.  

I still don't really care about the blower, but at least now, one of the voices in my head has stopped.