Hot tub pump surging

jknj81

Hello!  New hot tub owner here! 

I picked up a Watkins Bengal Model M hot tub knowing the heater needed to be replaced.  I was given the advice to start the hot tub up and check for leaks and make sure everything else on the tub worked before buying a new heater.  So I did.  Filled it up, plugged her in, turned on the jets, all is peachy there.  Wait a few days to watch the water level and continue to purchase a new heater.  My husband (an electrician) put new connectors on all of the wires that looked damaged and then i replaced the heater.  I didn't have the pressure bypass connector in at first but finally realized why the heater wasn't working.  Once I got that taken care of, all is good!  Tub is heating and jets are working!  The next day when I get home from work, I go to turn the jets on so I can add the cleaning product I got and it's a no go.  The jet pump turns on and off immediately and repeats until the breaker flips.  I checked for an air bubble, made sure the filter area wasn't clogged (I have not had a filter in it yet while in repair), I even had a technician talk to me on the phone who said it did not sound like an air lock and wasn't sure what it was.  He said it may be the pump or it could be the control board or motherboard.  I really don't want to have to pay someone to come out and then also have to pay for a new part.  If anyone has any experience with this, please let me know!  The circ pump seems to be working as well. I have included a video for reference.

Update

I left hot tub unplugged over night and plugged it in again in the morning.  It took a bit, but the jets kicked on!  However, as the tub is getting back up to temperature, the jets are taking a bit longer to come on.  Maybe it's a temperature related thing?  I only have the tub heating up to 95 for the moment.

Here is a picture of the circuit board.  We moved the hot tub to its final location and i plugged it in and it is finally up to temp and as of this morning, the jets are still working.  Idk what the problem was but for now it seems fixed.  Im sure ill have to look more into it soon enough though.  Hopefully not til next summer though. 20230929_165013.thumb.jpg.a286fc1f40c82b70584105db39f17a5a.jpg