owner/operater

1Harleyman

I have just purchased a used Catalina spa. The spa works fine on 110, but I have 220 hook up I would like to use, but when 220 is installed to the spa the black hot and white neutral have continuity, and of coarse trips the breaker. The line checks out when not attached to the spa. This doesn't make sense even an electrician looked at it and can't make sense of it. Other than the heater shutting off when the spa is operating, does the spa operate any differently on 220? And it doesn't seem to have a lot of pressure from the jets compared to my last spa       (different brand) but would it being ran on 110 make a difference ?

There are likely changes that need to be made on the board to go from 120V to 240V. The pumps should be 120V (Please Verify) if it was hooked up that way before. Post photos of the circuit board and the schematic on the inside cover. Post photos of the GFCI so we can see how it is wired.

The only change will be the heater will run 220. Pumps will still run 120V. What size GFCI did you install? You might be able to run pump on high and the heater at the same time.

Again post photos of the GFCI wiring circuit board and the schematic on the inside cover if you want further help.

Look at the GFCI wiring and where does the white coming from from the spa pack go? Did they hook it to the neutral bar or did it go into the GFCI as it should and the white pigtail to the neutral bar.