No power to Ozone Circuit in 1993 Sundance Capri spa

abikerider

I have a 1993 Sundance Capri spa that I recently drained and refilled with water. Afterwards, it kept tripping the 50amp GFCI breaker. After unplugging one thing at a time, I found that the aftermarket ozone generator that I had installed several years ago was causing the problem. Now the circuit breaker would stay on but there was no power to the spa. After checking, I found that the main 30 amp fuse inside the main circuit board was blown. I replaced the fuse and now it is working. I installed another ozone generator, but found that it was not getting power. Both of the ozone electrical terminals are reading 120 volts to ground and less than 20 volts across the terminals while the pumps are running. There are two smaller fuses on the panel, an 8 amp and a 1.25 amp. Both of these check OK. I am worried the short to ground caused damage to the board. Any suggestions or thoughts? Also, the main board part number is 12-6600-033 REV. C.

1 hour ago, RDspaguy said:

The ozone circuit should turn off for 30 minutes, or perhaps until the next filter cycle, any time ANY BUTTON is pressed. Are you sure it SHOULD be on when you are testing?

Thank you; I did not know that. I just turned on the filtering timer after it was sitting dormant all day and the ozonator is getting power. Yay!