Arctic Spa codes 4.00 + 507 then FLO

JWL

Arctic Spa Cub circa 2005. Refilled the tub to restart it and get a 4.00 and a 507 code displayed when I turn the circuit breaker back on. Then switches to FLO code. I've refilled it through the filter housing and "burped" it where the heater connects with spa tubing so I don't think it is air lock. Water is not running. I replaced the pressure switch in the spring and it was working fine (shut it down for the summer). I jumped the pressure switch connections and it did not resolve the problem. Showed code 71 when I did that. Spa pack is original (18 years), pump is about 5 years old. Any idea what my problem is?

15 hours ago, JWL said:

I jumped the pressure switch connections and it did not resolve the problem.

Only do this if you know you have moving water from the heating/filtering related pump or if the heater is disconnected from the circuit board or you could have a meltdown. The flow switch protects the heater from firing if there is no water flow. It will boil the water that is in the tube not moving and can go nuclear in seconds.

If you can see the shaft of the motor spinning but not moving water then an air lock is likely. If it is not spinning then test fuses. If fuses are good then disconnect the pump from the board and test for power coming off the board using a multi meter. If you get power off the board then you have a pump issue. If you don't it is a board issue. Let us know results 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, CanadianSpaTech said:

Only do this if you know you have moving water from the heating/filtering related pump or if the heater is disconnected from the circuit board or you could have a meltdown. The flow switch protects the heater from firing if there is no water flow. It will boil the water that is in the tube not moving and can go nuclear in seconds.

If you can see the shaft of the motor spinning but not moving water then an air lock is likely. If it is not spinning then test fuses. If fuses are good then disconnect the pump from the board and test for power coming off the board using a multi meter. If you get power off the board then you have a pump issue. If you don't it is a board issue. Let us know results 

Thank you. I only did the jumping briefly to see if it would look closed and trigger the pump. It did not.