Balboa M7 Intermittent HH Error

nszzya

Balboa M7 giving an HH error intermittently. I've replaced both temperature sensors. Sensor connectors clean. Can reset and heats normally. Pump seems to run fine. Good pressure at jets. Filter is clean. Will give HH error a couple days later. Resetting returns to normal behavior then error repeats. Thinking it may be the board. Is there any way to test? Any ideas appreciated. TIA.

On 8/31/2023 at 4:50 PM, RDspaguy said:

What you describe is most likely a flow issue (filters, circ pump) but could be a relay or transformer on the board. Probably not a sensor. If I had to guess, I'd see if removing the filters solves it then try new filters if so, and put in a circ pump if not. 

So, I got the same error after removing the filter. The pump seems fine - full pressure to all jets. It was replaced April 2022. I happened to be at the unit when the last error happened. The pump stopped and there was a whooshing sound coming from the controller/heater. Not sure if that's normal. I'm wondering if it's time to call a pro?

7 hours ago, nszzya said:

The pump stopped and there was a whooshing sound coming from the controller/heater.

There's the clue we needed. This is called boil-out and is caused by a stuck heater relay on the board. This can be repaired by any competent electronics/computer repair shop for much less than a new board. I'd recommend doing all of the relays while they're at it. They're a few $ each, labor is most of the cost and you can do alot in an hour.

• Like 1