Balboa VS (premium leisure) help

BA23DF1A-DF89-4D3E-946E-68068971D460.thumb.png.3c7ec3645f83979753e3bc55438c17c3.png

Hi, I replaced a leaking heater m7 heater unit and hooked it all back up same way it was but now the tub is not turning on… no power in the panel, it’s not illuminating . It’s getting power to the main feed at the tub I used an electrical tester. Hoping to get help with process of elimination fuses?? If the top panel is bad will that not allow the tub to activate? The tub is 10/ 11 yrs old but taken care of. 

BA23DF1A-DF89-4D3E-946E-68068971D460.png

5 hours ago, corvette1985 said:

I used an electrical tester.

You need to use a proper multi meter and verify exact voltage on each line. White to black 120V, white to red 120V, black to red = 240V. Next test and verify all fuses are good. Let us know those results and we can go from there. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Is the spa new to you? How did the breaker get wired incorrectly if you were only changing the heater? Re test the glass F4 fuse and verify. Re-test all fuses. Remove them from the board to test. If all the fuses test good you might want to pull the board and have a look on the back for burnt or darkened areas

On 4/4/2023 at 3:22 PM, CanadianSpaTech said:

I would not buy extension cord. Just buy straight cut wire without plug ends on it.  Wire one end into the pack and the other end I would rewire into the GFCI so that the cord becomes the full length wire from pack to GFCI and plug the GFCI into a dedicated wall plug with sufficient rating breaker to hold the spas total AMP rating. I would cut/buy it to the length needed and nothing more.

FYI... 14 Gauge for 11-13 Amps. 12 Gauge for 14-15 Amps. 10 Gauge for 16-20 Amps. 

I’ve had the spa for 11 years. I never had to replace anything. I decided to run a Saltron mini chlorinator and all was good for 8/9 months kept adding salt when needed.. It never occurred to me to check inside the tub but I went to the breaker to kick it on and kept tripping. I had a neighbor come over take a look he snapped the bracket that held in the breaker so we disconnected it all together. Then I looked in the tub to find the heater tube had a pin hole leak . I changed the heater lasted 3 weeks and breaker blew again. Looked inside the tub  the water was discolored and cold with a black spot where the Saltron extension would hang and was tons of rust and corrosion build up on the exterior of the pipe inside the cabinet. So I’m not sure as to why the short  happened  the Saltron was running on a separate socket . Saltron said poor water chemistry caused the heater to fail prematurely , not the spark in the tub. Anyway I just matched up white wire on the breaker to the wire to the from the tub and two hot just like I saw inside the tub spa pack figuring it would be correct. Are the units attached to the circuit board replaceable ? Or just replace the whole board. 

2 hours ago, CanadianSpaTech said:

Is the spa new to you? How did the breaker get wired incorrectly if you were only changing the heater? Re test the glass F4 fuse and verify. Re-test all fuses. Remove them from the board to test. If all the fuses test good you might want to pull the board and have a look on the back for burnt or darkened areas